'Angry' vagina at 6 weeks

cupcakemomma

Finally have our miracle!
Reaction score
First, a little background: I had a vaginal birth, and delivered an 8lb11oz baby. I tore rather bad, although I'm not sure what 'degree' the tears were. I seemed to be healing well, but about 2 weeks ago it started stinging when I would go pee, and I just chalked it up to the tears still healing.

Yesterday I had my 6 week PP checkup, and I told my doctor about the stinging. And he and the nurse both commented on how red my vagina was, my doctor used the word 'angry' to describe it. But he doesn't know why it's like that, or what to do to fix it. I was tested for a UTI, but it came back negative, so the stinging isn't from that. It just feels like my skin is raw down there. Like actually inside, not the outside labia.

Nothing has changed, I'm still using the same brand of toilet tissue, and DH and I haven't DTD since the baby has been born, so it's not irritated from that. What could this be, and how can I make it better? Has this happened to anyone else? I'd appreciate any help!

Gosh that sounds really sore :hugs: Could it be thrush? What did the dr give you to treat it?

Have you/ are you bathing in just water - no bubble bath stuff? X

No, it's not thrush either. It doesn't itch or hurt or anything, aside from the burning when I urinate. Or when anything touches the skin up in there - the internal exam hurt SO bad yesterday!

I usually just take showers, so it's not from bubble bath. Good thought though!

I hads a 4th degree tear , over 150 stitches and 6 and a half months on it is still red and sore, as you describe. I think its wear everything just got to badly torn down there. Ive kinda gotton used to it now but sex is excruiating....doc doesnt know what it is either and suggested using lidocaine (numbing gel) down there twice a day.

Thank you SO MUCH tiggerpony. I'm sorry you've gone through the same thing, but at least I know I'm not crazy, and this has happened to someone else. I don't know how many stitches I got, but it took about 45 minutes for my Doctor to stitch me back together, so I know it had to have been quite a few. I think I still have some of the lidocaine they sent home with me from the hospital, I'll try that. Hope you feel better soon, this sucks :(

I had the same thing i was fine and then around 6 weeks i started burning when i peed i thought it was infected but nope I had the same pain and they tested for uti and thrush... But said it was fine and there was no explanation for this. I kept doing sits baths and using that dang squirt bottle and eventually the pain went away. But now I'm very tight tmi. I think it may have been scar tissue forming where the stitches were.

Thank you for responding, blue12. I hope this resolves fairly quickly. I know it's impossible, but I just want my body back! :(

I want to DTD so bad, but am too scared of the pain to even try. Poor DH

I dont have your issue of pain or stinging but I do notice things are a bit 'dryer' down there since having LO, possibly due to changes in estrogen from pregnancy & breastfeeding?.. Also the walls of your vagina are prob still firming up so maybe they are rubbing a little? Just a guess but perhaps these things are causing you some discomfort.

BV can cause stinging - would be worth getting tested for it - just to eliminate it.

Thank you ladies, I so appreciate your help!

Biddylee, I had thought maybe that was it too, but nope - test came back negative. I've had BV a few times, I was hoping that'd be it, since I know how to get rid of it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->