mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Party organisers.
Anyone know one/been one?
Does it suck?
How much do you spend up front?
Is it worth the money?

Just looking at other job opportunities to work around Ly...and they always need party organisers suspiciously lol!
x

alot of these party type jobs you need to lay money out at first which is non refundable. which is a bit rubbish and a huge risk when you don't have much money... hence the extra/part time work! i know bodyshop home partys you did have to get 10friends to have partys... and just hope their friends then want partys and/or advertise and that's how it worked. everything is commision based isn't it? the way the world is right now, according to news reports nobody has any money at all, which wouldn't make for alot of commision :|

i personally don't think they sound worth while at all.

i know on the ann summers website they have a number you can phone for more info about them, i was interested when son was younger but the hassell just didn't seem worth it at all.

xXx

thankyou hun, I thought as much but just wanted to hear other opinions on it.
I cant afford to be throwing money away on kits.... unless I get to keep all the vibes after hahaha!
x

someone on my facebook used to do a.s and now does body shop. judging by the amount of messages and statuses asking people to book a party or go work with her there must be more to it

I cant afford to be throwing money away on kits.... unless I get to keep all the vibes after hahaha!
x

i guess the best thing to do is give it ago and work work work at it. but with a little one it's super hard to keep plowing away at something and not get a worthwhile return isn't it?

them hours spent with your lil one are moreworth while than like £30/£40 commision for slogging away aren't they?

xXx

x

i guess the best thing to do is give it ago and work work work at it. but with a little one it's super hard to keep plowing away at something and not get a worthwhile return isn't it?

them hours spent with your lil one are moreworth while than like £30/£40 commision for slogging away aren't they?

xXx

No you are totally right
:hugs:
thanks hun
xxxx

If you are still keen I know that there is no financial layout with PartyLite as I was a rep with them for ages. It paid for a big holiday for us but that was before everything went a bit wrong. Mind, my friend still does it and she is making a small fortune.

xxx

you shoule PM lillysmum and ask her. She was a team leade rfor ages with anne summers...she dont think highly of them tho lol. shes on my friends list

:hugs:

yeah im intrigued too (party lite) :) i have been to partys and thoroughly enjoyed them :D although i suppose its different being the host. sorry i cant help anymore hunny xxxx

Partylite is candles and accessories.

You get your kit sent to you and you have to make £250 (I think) in sales to pay it back. After that you get your comission. On the first night though only put through the amount you need to in order to pay back as they give you the extra in product, not cash for that show. So for example, I done £1k on my first night so I put through as close to £250 in orders as I could so I had paid back and then put the other £750 through as an order dated the next night so I got paid in money not products. The comission is quite good, its standard of 15% if memory serves me correctly but you can build it up loads if you make over x amount in a month or during a set period.

It's great, I'll probably do it on and off for years to come.

If anyone wants more details just mail me :)

xxx

I used to be an Ann Summers Party Organiser. I quit after about 4 months because I ended up spending more money on things for my kit than what I was actually earning.
After I quit I ended up oweing Ann Summers money ( only £10 but I was still annoyed) because I hadn't been with them a year before I quit.

If you live and work in a good area where plenty of people are wanting partys it can be worth it but otherwise I would steer clear.

Hope I have been of some help =]

Forgot to mention, not only people wanting partys but people actually placing orders. I found a lot of people booking the party just for a cheap girls night in with no intentions of placiing any orders

xxx

that sounds alot better for starting up!

are candles/accesories a big market then? :o

xXx

that sounds alot better for starting up!

are candles/accesories a big market then? :o

xXx

Round here they are but I live in quite a posh town in Surrey where there are loads of women whos husbands earn loads of money and they like to show off to their friends with who can throw the best nibbles and candle party night!!!

xxx

aaah right!

i didn't really think women like that existed!! :o

i thought around here i couldn't imagine it being a big market, couldn't imagine the rough surrounding council estate familys throwing their candle partys :rofl: fag in 1 hand sniffing candle in the other :rofl:

xXx

I used to be an Ann Summers Party Organiser. I quit after about 4 months because I ended up spending more money on things for my kit than what I was actually earning.
After I quit I ended up oweing Ann Summers money ( only £10 but I was still annoyed) because I hadn't been with them a year before I quit.

If you live and work in a good area where plenty of people are wanting partys it can be worth it but otherwise I would steer clear.

Hope I have been of some help =]

Forgot to mention, not only people wanting partys but people actually placing orders. I found a lot of people booking the party just for a cheap girls night in with no intentions of placiing any orders

xxx

did that often happen? :o

any good stories/funny stories to share?

xXx

x

I did it for 3 months never made much ....cost of kit was 3.95 a wk rental or sumat like that and after so long its urs to keep ...it was a long time ago but i found it hard to make money

thats my worry. The people in my town I dont think like expensive candle parties lol, I wish I lived somewhere all rich!
xx

thats my worry. The people in my town I dont think like expensive candle parties lol, I wish I lived somewhere all rich!
xx

oh don't we all :lol:

now... just to find them buisnesseqsue men :rofl:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member