Anniversary

Mynxie

Reaction score
:wacko:

Ladies, i need some advice.

It's our anniversary soon and I REALLY want to so something really special.

Our wedding was a bit of a rush job and compromise :blush: although it did turn out to be DHs perfect wedding. LOL.

Going out for dinner is something we do fairly reguarly, so that's out. Staying in a hotel is also out too TBH. I can't travel and it's gotta be fairly inexpensive.

We did talk about renewing our vows but in all honesty things went tits up.

Well, I'm happy to offer ideas but need a budget (everyone's version of cheap is different ;)) Are you able to travel? Are you constrained as to when you can go away? Do you want something romantic or fun?

Haven't really thought of a budget tbh.

I can't travel.

I want something not cliche TBH. Romantic, a bit silly maybe, definately fun.

However cause of my stupid body I have a million limitations, wheelchair access, need to take regular breaks etc etc. Hence my mind being a blank TBH.

Previous years we've gone out for dinner or had a speacial night in (both cliche) I want to do something different TBH.

Hmmm ok, are you able to go and stay at a hotel overnight? I'm just trying to think about what you could do that wouldn't knock the wind out of you.

And indoors picnic can be a good giggle especially if you get the game 'Nookii' that could be a bit of fun and sillyness plus you get to eat lots of your favourite things!

I'd put candles around the place to make it have that hint of romance without going nuts. Oh and get a chocolate fondue set or fountain :winkwink:

Or just greet him stark naked, that should do it (DH response!)

Seems silly I know but how about getting a bottle of good wine and making a little picnic with out him knowing and store it where he wont find it (like in a picnic hamper out of the way) getting up with out him realising and setting everything up pour the wine etc Then waking him up at midnight or somin and having a romantic midnight feast in candle light. Really silly but its different and certainly something you would remember.

My OH would never think of any thing like that but id ve really suprised if he did something like that, its just a lovely little thought really... and then the morning of your anniversary you can have a lie in after your midnight feast and spend the morning in bed & then do what ever

This way you dont have to travel and if you need to take time out you can in your own home :)

Sorry if its a pants idea

xx

thanks ladies, neither of them are pants but (I feel awful for saying this) neither would be practical. I like the idea of doing something a little silly and cute though.

I can't really stay in a hotel (thought about that) TBH all the adaptions that I have at home and how I am at the moment is all a bit nuts and we often don't go to bed til around 4am anyway and neither of us really drink.

I dunno, I kinda wanna renew our vows somehow but something fun, not chliche and something different...

get an impersonator to renew your vows. like Elvis :rofl: or Michael Jackson (RIP). that would be fun and different.

I've been asking DH if he wants photos done or something and what he wants, you know?

I don't know if I want people to celebrate with us or just us...i'm not sure TBH, but I think I want to do something fairly big this year.

can't do a massage hun - DH could but I can't.

See the reason that I'm so restricted is cause I've got a disability that means I need a wheelchair and my limbs are hypersensitive meaning I'm in pain constantly and it hurts to be touched or vibrations hurt, that kinda thing, so travelling, being touched alot, stuff like that is all a no go....hence being a boring fart :rofl:

If you are celebrating with friends and family - could you maybe have a little garden party, with a theme of your choosing, and renew your vows there?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->