Announce at 11 weeks? at Christmas

teamgreenbean

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the website and excited to share! I'm 32, 10weeks +1 with my first. I have endometriosis, have had surgery for it and was tolf since teen that I wouldn't likely be able to conceive. Well after trying for the first time in my life earlier this year..... Had an early mc in July around 4.5-5 weeks after tracking ovulation for a few months. Was not intimate a long while due to the loss. Then sweet husband & I found out at Halloween that I was pregnant suddenly!

So I will be 11 weeks on Christmas eve. We're thinking of our announcement then. Our parents, siblings and several close friends already know. (They were all there the first go around and are so behind us again now).

With all we've been through (recent loss and my medical history), we are still considering the Christmas time announcement. I have no know last period date. ..so have had two early scans. 6 weeks, 8week& this week Monday. All have shown a beautiful little heartbeat and this week the green bean was wiggling around and waving! Fetal Doppler today was good and hb in 170's 😃 we know that it's first trimester but we are so excited and see that we have a real live baby growing. This deserves to be shared so our loved ones can share joy! But I am so gun shy still.

Btw we've known since 2-3 weeks....so being 10 weeks +1 is already a super long secret! I kind of feel like the announcement will not affect a mc if it were to happen. It's never a certainty.

I'm 31-sorry and husband is 32. First child for both. Also we'd have our parents first grandchild!

I'm 31-sorry and husband is 32. First child for both. Also we'd have our parents first grandchild!

It's personal choice really, I too am deliberating whether to tell my sister and I'm much earlier than you, I only found out last week! The fact you have heard the heartbeat and know everything is going well is positive and if I was you I would be more likely to announce it to :)

Like I said its personal choice though so completely up to you :) I think I'm going to wait until 12 weeks to tell my sister, my best friend and Mum are the only people who know! Xx

I would personally announce at christmas and so long as yur comfortable doing so I don't see the harm. We already told our close friends and family in the form of our Christmas card this year but will announce to everyone else in January after our scan.

Congratulations, hun!! I think it would be wonderful to announce at Christmas.

Thank you girls!!! I'm so excited!! And lookie what i made.................
Lilypie timer!!!!

Congratulations, hun!! I think it would be wonderful to announce at Christmas.

Thank you!! Is it bad to announce at 11weeks though? Like on social media on Christmas eve (not just extended friends and family)

We just announced our pregnancy to everyone (family already knew), but my thought behind it is, that this baby is s little life, no matter what happens he/she deserves to be acknowledged and celebrated. So that's why we told everyone at 12 weeks which is s bit early for us. This is our 4th baby, and we usually announce around 15 weeks....but I just couldn't wait with this one.
At the end of the day it's a personal choice. Whatever you are comfortable with. You've had great u/s so far which lowers your risk of m/c.

Best of luck to you and this wee baby growing!!!!

We just announced our pregnancy to everyone (family already knew), but my thought behind it is, that this baby is s little life, no matter what happens he/she deserves to be acknowledged and celebrated. So that's why we told everyone at 12 weeks which is s bit early for us. This is our 4th baby, and we usually announce around 15 weeks....but I just couldn't wait with this one.
At the end of the day it's a personal choice. Whatever you are comfortable with. You've had great u/s so far which lowers your risk of m/c.

Best of luck to you and this wee baby growing!!!!

Awe thank you and congratulations to you also!!!
You know, I totally agree. A life is a life, no matter how small. And this little baby was wiggling around and waving at the ultrasound this week! At only 9w4d! That is a LIFE growing! No chance of NOT being celebrated! !!

Our parents and siblings know. As well as a few close friends. Everything is cautiously optimistic and rightfully so!! We are big Christmas people and are wanting to announce Christmas eve (@11 weeks). I am scared every day but would rather allow everyone to share in our joy for this miracle of life...and not hold back til 12,14,16,20 weeks just for fear of miscarriage! The risk is always there.

Oh you should definitely announce it - what a lovely Xmas present for them.
You've seen and heard the heartbeat now which also significantly reduces your chances of anything going wrong! Enjoy the moment and know that if in the very unlikely event that something bad did happen you will have people around you who know and can support you!
Congrats. Xxx

Oh you should definitely announce it - what a lovely Xmas present for them.
You've seen and heard the heartbeat now which also significantly reduces your chances of anything going wrong! Enjoy the moment and know that if in the very unlikely event that something bad did happen you will have people around you who know and can support you!
Congrats. Xxx

Thank you so much!! Yes I agree. We have seen the heartbeat fluttering three times...plus heard with abdominal Doppler yesterday. Sooo excited! !

Go ahead and announce! By 11 weeks u should be home free :) and if u can check for hb on Doppler u are good to go! Congrats xx

Go ahead and announce! By 11 weeks u should be home free :) and if u can check for hb on Doppler u are good to go! Congrats xx

Awe thank you laila!!!! 💜💜💜💜
I think it's going to be a wonderful Christmas! !!

Congratulations!! I think that it would be lovely to announce at Christmas. You've seen the little baby and the heart beat!

We'll be announcing to our families on Christmas. My mom lives across the country and can't be here but we sent her a Christmas card with a picture of the ultrasound.

You should check out announcements for Christmas on Pinterest. There are some seriously adorable ideas! We got our ideas from there and I cannot wait to announce.

Congratulations!! I think that it would be lovely to announce at Christmas. You've seen the little baby and the heart beat!

We'll be announcing to our families on Christmas. My mom lives across the country and can't be here but we sent her a Christmas card with a picture of the ultrasound.

You should check out announcements for Christmas on Pinterest. There are some seriously adorable ideas! We got our ideas from there and I cannot wait to announce.

Thank you so much! Did you see that we are the same exact amount of weeks/days alon! 😃

Yes you have a point....I'm leaning towards the Christmas announcement! I am scared but excited. So I have prepped a little. I had my friend make me a ribbon and tag for my belly that says, "do not open until July 2016" !

Thank you so much! Did you see that we are the same exact amount of weeks/days alon! 😃

Yes you have a point....I'm leaning towards the Christmas announcement! I am scared but excited. So I have prepped a little. I had my friend make me a ribbon and tag for my belly that says, "do not open until July 2016" !

Oh how awesome we're due date buddies! That's such a cute idea. I think it'll be perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"