Announcements - am I in the wrong?

I say sleep on it, and in the morning hash out things I think you're really emotional right now.

It's so hard to know what's the right thing to do, or what isn't. It's hard. Just keep doing the best that you can.

Your MIL sounds like mine- acting like a total child over things that really don't matter!

I had an "okay" day yesterday. But overall it's drained me in all aspects - Today has been a chore to keep my eyes open suffering with extreme fatigue.

MIL came round earlier to pick nephew up as OH was looking after him for time being and she didn't even say hi or look at me. Scan is 2 weeks tomorrow and OH said that's when he wants to announce it but I don't even feel excited about it any more, or Christmas - going shopping on Saturday and it just feels meh.

My heart hurts for you :hugs: and I wish I could be there to tell them off! I'm just angry at this situation, you did absolutely nothing wrong and they ALL are making you feel bad about it. You CANNOT live second to his mother, you must be number ONE in OH life in order to be happy. I have been in this situation (being second to his mother) so I know what you are going through in a way, situations of course are different. This should be a time for you to be happy and excited and i'm sorry its going awful for you. I wish your circumstances change for the better, and quick. Will be thinking of you :hugs:

DITTO Kiwilove!! I wish I could be there to tell them off with her too!

You are never number 2!!! My MIL tried to be number 1 in my husbands life and that was nipped in the bud. He would never have her number 1 over me. To this day we still have issues with her over it. She just won't let go.

If these people are going to be mean and unhappy then let them be. Don't let them get to you. I know that is hard to do, but they are the unhappy ones with their own lives. If they were happy, nice people they would never ever treat their son's/brother's wife like they are.

Seriously ridiculous and extremely mean!!!

I had an "okay" day yesterday. But overall it's drained me in all aspects - Today has been a chore to keep my eyes open suffering with extreme fatigue.

MIL came round earlier to pick nephew up as OH was looking after him for time being and she didn't even say hi or look at me. Scan is 2 weeks tomorrow and OH said that's when he wants to announce it but I don't even feel excited about it any more, or Christmas - going shopping on Saturday and it just feels meh.

Seriously, some men act like brats when it comes in-law drama. I think this happens in situations where MILs raise their sons to think they are perfect moms and can do no wrong ever. It's my experience that those men are "momma's boys", prefer not to stand up to their mom and would rather fight others to protect their mother. I say this because my husband is one of these men. I love him dearly but discussions about his mother and family are never productive. He gets defensive even after I point out that he should pause and think about the situation more objectively. I am sorry you are going through this and I don't think either you or your husband should give up, I believe you have the ability to talk it out. Communication goes a long way. It's annoying but it's true. Hopefully over time your husband will start to see that maybe his family isn't perfect and that you aren't doing anything malicious or selfish. It may take a while and a lot of patience on your part but it will be worth it if you're able to work on it together and end up stronger in the end. He needs to own his bad behavior but I believe you can help him see the light for the betterment of your entire family.

Received a phone call asking why I deleted her from FB. Driven down to this.

"You want to be lucky that you've got Ava and a baby in your belly"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"