Announcements on Facebook?

I'll definately be putting my scan piccies up on FB :) Everyone on there is asking if I've had a scan yet so this way, they'll be able to look at pics if they want to :D

once ive had my first scan i will put it on there xx

One of my friends changed her profile pic to one of her bump and status to "...is wondering whether it's normal to have such a big bump at 14 weeks" I quite like that idea.

She's mega skinny though, and her bump was pretty blooming obvious, so I'm assuming she was only announcing to us that she hadn't seen for a while.

I think I'll tell the people that matter first, but sure I'll have it on facebook at some point after that. Don't want to tell anyone till the scan, want to make sure everything is ok first, say me paranoid but....

I was planning on doing this, - getting all my family past their shock, telling my grans after ive told my parents that im definately having the baby, so hopefully all next week. Then telling my close friends via email at about 10-11 weeks, and the putting it on FB after 12 weeks and scan. For the rest of my friends who i dont see as pften or high school friends. i really want to tell the world right now but i just cant!! eeek..

ps- i will also probably put scan pics up etc, but i will probably make the album more private and choose who can and cant see it. OR i will just weed out the people from my fb entirely who i dont think should see it. or people i dont know so much anymore..

i announced mine on facebook, i also posted my first scan pic on there.

i personally dont think theres anything wrong about it, your excited and want the world to know! and people WILL keep asking for pictures.. why not put one up to keep them quiet! if its on private anyway then only you direct friends can see it. x

I think I'll prob put something on Facebook once we've had a scan and know that things are OK, but I would prefer to tell my closer friends who are also on FB before I put something up there, I wouldn't want a really good friend to find out via FB.

I thought that too but I did it and it was great as not everyone gets to see the scan pictures so people were really pleased they could give there comments and it's lovely seeing all the congratulations. Made it a bit more real for me in a virtual kind of way iykwim!!! You'll be surprised how nice some people can be even the ones you don't expect. x

I have only told my mum, boyfriend and boss will wait until after my 12 week scan to tell everyone else, although i have already seen the heartbeat and was told that my GP that although that I am not 100% out of the woodwork i should feel very reassured so dont know if i'll be able to wait until my 12 week scan!

Once I get my 12 week scan I will probably post it on Facebook with the caption "now how the hell did that get there?" :rofl: and leave it at that!

Hmmmmmm....I am also quite a private person. Although I have tried to keep facebook to real friends I have around 5 - 10 people who are not close friends and it would be my worst nightmare to announce it on there. I do wonder if I am a little repressed sometimes though!

Well I've decided that instead of putting up my scan pic, I'm going to put up a pic of the bump and ask 'can anyone tell me what's going on?' and see if people get it! :rofl: Mum thinks I'm mad!!

Decided not to put up scan pic. It's too personal a thing to put up but people will get to see my bump all year so that's ok lol.

I havn't put anything to do with me being pregnant on facebook yet. Ive had scan,everythings fine and family and close friends all know,but I havn't told work yet because a collegue died of cancer last week,it's her funeral on Wednesday,so I don't feel it's the right time to announce my happy news. And since I have a few people from work in my friends on facebook,I can't say anything on there yet!

I'm going to put it on fb once I've had my 12 week (ish) scan.

I don't fully believe I have a bean in my belly so to shout it out like that seems silly!

Plus I have work colleagues on my fb and don't plan to tell work just yet.

i dont have facebook anymore exactly because of this...

i told the people that mattered and were the most important then i told everyone else on facebook.. but i put bump pics up and some girl i went to school with stole them and said it was hers, so all i'm saying is please be careful what you put up....
x

Someone stole your photos - that's weird (isn't it?)!

My friends are kind of addicted to photos (and putting them on facebook) so sure ones of me will end up on there whether I put them there or not. I don't really mind either way.

Just logged onto facebook to see that one of my old school friends has announced her pregnancy on facebook. She'd been giving hints for a couple of weeks (going out not drinking, tidying spare room etc)

Looks like she'd told the people she actually speaks to first though, just covering the hangers on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"