Announcing my pregnancy at 10 weeks??

Citylily

Reaction score
This Sunday is Mother's Day here in the USA and I'd love to announce my pregnancy! I'll be 10 weeks and 2 days by then. I've had two early scans (not because of any risk factors but because I was under the care of a fertility doctor) and both were great, and I have a doppler at home and am able to pick up a lovely strong heartbeat with it. I know a lot of people like to wait until 12 weeks but everything I've read says my chances of miscarriage at this point are super low, so what do you think? Go ahead and announce it?!!

Pffftttt this is my second and i learnt with my first it doesnt matter any about waiting. Ive had a mmc before and tbh u just tell people when your ready. Because of my mmc we waited til 13 weeks with ds...
This time im nearly 7 weeks and pretty much everyone knows... i havent kept it a secret. I figure its not here nor there and whenever ur ready u can tell whoever ur comfortable with.

I'll announce to family this sunday as well (mother's day in germany too!) and i'll be just under 11 weeks then.

Have had two ultrasounds as well due to a hematoma and bleeding but all was well with the baby. We're waiting to announce to everyone else until after our next scan (may 12 so next thursday) but as long as you feel comfortable, go ahead.

You're right, with hearing the heartbeat and seeing baby twice you are pretty save and there's a lot of women who don't wait at all to announce :)

I announced with my LG at 10+3 after having 2 early scans :) x

I would say announce when you're ready! I told my parents and in laws at 4 weeks. I feel like we are told to keep it such a secret, but when your tired and especially sick it can be very difficult to do this. Good luck! I'm sure they announcement will be wonderful!

you announce whenever you are comfortable doing so and you announce to whomever you want.

Whenever you feel comfortable hun! I just hot my BFP a few days ago and we are already announcing.

With DS I announced at 8w after a second scan (I'd had 3 very early losses before, and had been public about that... and hated only sharing the bad news). With this pregnancy, I announced at 10.5w, after only one ultrasound at 8w (I did have a doppler though, so knew she was at least alive). No good reason for waiting later- I would have needed support if something had gone wrong, and I was super sick at that point!
Do what you're comfortable with- I feel like people are starting to announce earlier and earlier...

I'm just 10 wks and EVERYONE knows, I mean, not FB, but my students, colleagues, etc. It's my second and I'm showing pretty significantly. I had a scan at 7wks just because I'm paranoid and have a doppler at home as well. And symptoms... that's the other reason people know. I've been downing ginger candies like they're going out of style.

I just announced publicly today and I'll be 14w tomorrow. But with my dd we announced at 10.5 weeks bc we had a good scan and we felt comfortable doing so. I'm just lazy this time around and I may have pushed it off a bit bc my mom kept asking when we were going to announce almost daily.... So we waited and let her sweat a bit knowing she had to keep it a secret. Haha

Announce when u feel comfortable. Very small percentage that something bad wil happen now anyway

What ever you feel comfortable with hun, there's nothing magical that happens once you hit 12 weeks, there's risks throughout. Go for it 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->