Announcing pregnancy on Facebook???

I put my 1st tri scan picture as my profile picture along with the status"what OH got me for Christmas"

I said, "Construction is underway, we are expanding the house by two feet"

There is a thread on here somewhere that has a ton of ideas. . I don't know where it is though, it was a long time ago. . . you may be able to find it.. . .

Dh spoiled it for me. We got a dating scan at 10 weeks and he was so excited by it (he missed out on the only ultrasound we got for one we lost and he always regretted it) that he posted it on Facebook right away. I was going to wait until my 13 week scan.

So I wrote: "Well, since my husband already announced our news I might as well too. We saw our child on the ultrasound today and, after some early complications, all is well. Baby is due to arrive July 10."

I put the scan pic as my profile picture and put the status "Is SO EXCITED scan went well. Official due 30th July :D" I got loads of replies straight away and lots of 'likes'. It went steadily on all throughout the day and was lovely.

EDIT: I forgot to say OH created an album called "Bump" He he. He uploaded a pic in the hospital as he just couldn't wait!

I put my scan pics in an album entitled "Evie's little brother or sister due 11th June." People still commented saying "are you pregnant?" :dohh:

Everyone knew we were thinking of expanding household by getting a new puppy, so I put

"Can finally announce that next year a new addition will be join our family - and it's not a new husky!"

Did the trick - and then OH and my mum updated their status too - as they were over eager!

I put.. a scan picture up + then wrote a status saying... Loves My bumpy + My Boyfriend... and people took the hint... ahahaha xxx

My DH made a lovely video of pics from when we first got together to now and finished it with the scan pic and our big announcement! :)

I had a bad time trying to get to see my midwife in the beginning for one reason or another and when she failed to turn up to our 3rd rescheduled appointment I put on my my status; "don't think I can take another 6-7 months of rubbish rubbish midwives..." and everyone went slightly mental at me for not announcing it before ha! Did the job tho, someone even said they really liked my roundabout approach to sharing our pregnancy news! Xx

I did it just that way. Didn't want some to know before others. So I told everyone at once.

I changed my profile pic to a positive digi test. And wrote "Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy............ or Girl!!!!

Worked out well!

Good Luck!

Tia

I wrote a rhyme:

"What is easier to get in than out, sucks on it's thumb and wriggles about, has two chubby cheeks and a cute button nose, and in my tummy is where it grows"

Most people caught on pretty fast. :haha:

Hmmm ... I haven't posted anything on fb! And ppl iv told iv told them NOT to write on FB either ...

I don't want to announce it on fb that I'm pregnant, but I do want to announce it that I just gave birth!

hey hunni theres a thread somewhere called creative facebook announcements, maybe in the 1st tri? let me find it hold up x

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/441202-creative-facebook-announcements.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->