Announcing Pregnancy on Mothers Day. Need your help!!

cskme_

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
My 12 week u/s is on Wednesday May 4th. and I have a follow up on the following Friday just to hear that everything is (hopefully) okay. I had an 8 week ultrasound and I have photos from then, and I will be sure to get photos from this one.
My family lives across the country, and I want to send my mom and stepdad something cute in the mail to announce my pregnancy. I am only 22 years old and I have not seen my parents in a long time. I want to send them something really sentimental.
I am a very creative person but I cant think of the perfect thing to send them.
I know I want to send the photos, along with something else. I was looking at ideas on pinterest but couldn't find the perfect one.
I was thinking of sending the photos in a picture frame and maybe a little grandma pendant for my mom and something that says grandpa on it for my stepdad. (They are very young, my mom is 38 years old and stepdad is 42) so this will come as a huge shock. I don't know if I want to send pendants or just a cute little pair of baby boots or what exactly I should do.
If anyone out there has a creative mind and has a good idea to make my parents cry with joy please help me out :)

We'll announce to our family on mother's day as well! We'll do it in person but by giving them (mom and dad) matching little books called "grandma for beginners" and "grandpa for beginners" (since it's the first grand child for both my parents and OHs parents). ☺️ I'm sure they'll be over the moon no matter how exactly you tell them

Congrats and that sounds awesome. Wish I could announce once I was 12 weeks. I wont be 12 weeks for another 5 weeks. and My sisters have told everyone before I could....

They know how long me and DB have been trying for over 2 years. They were over joyed..:happydance:

I'm excited for my family to know. It really sucks that I can't see anyone, but it seems that I have been holding it in forever. My mom already knows (DH doesn't know that she knows) I feel awful because he told me he doesn't want ANYONE to know until after first tri. We agreed that Mother's Day will be a good time. It's too late to tell him she already knows so that will have to be mine and moms little secret lol. Either way she will be excited to open up a package and tell my stepdad and the rest of the world lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->