Announcing pregnancy to grandparents

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
How are you going to announce your pregnamcy to the baby's grandparents?

Just looking for some nice ideas :)

We did this last weekend and they were so shocked!

I made a card. It was the future grandma's birthday so she thought it was a gift card.
On the front of the card, it said "Roses are red, Violets are blue". On the inside, we placed a necklace that says "grandma" and the card read, "This December, your grandbaby is due!"
She had to read it several times, she was so shocked lol!

I have a scan on 29th and its my mums bday on 30th so im hoping to get scan photos and I'll buy a bunch of flowers and in the card bit for the flowers I'll just put the scan photo i think

I just blurted it out to my parents yesterday. They were really shocked but probably because of the way I came out with it. In reaction to my mum's question about my work, I said its difficult at the moment because I'm tired as we're having another one! It took a few seconds to register ....

Im going to buy a photo frame with "only the best parents get promoted to grandparents" on it and put my scan pic in it x

Aww I wish we had some birthday we could announce it on. The first time we just told them we were going to have a baby, but this time I want to make it a bit different. We have told my MIL already but that had to be done over the phone as she lives a while away. She was so happy :D

I'm getting DS a "Big Brother" type shirt and I'll just have him in it. My husbands family gets together once a week, so they'll all be around. We will just wait until someone notices and says something.

We just told our parents normally at we told them the day after I got bfp when I was 3 weeks. Don't want to do a proper announcement until after we tell the kids after my 12 week scan.

We're not very sentimental over things like this, we just told them! Even my close friends I was like, hey, I'm pregnant again.
I think I'll be more excited after my scan! Hope your reveal goes well!

With our first we told them on Christmas eve with grandparent Xmas cards ☺️

With our first we just told them, which was great because everyone was so excited.

This time we put my daughter in a "best big sister" t-shirt. It took them ages to figure it out lol! They all read it and said "yes you will be won't you". Queue me smiling and nodding eagerly before they actually register whats happening:dohh:

I handed my mum the scan PIC the other day and she said " oh, who is this" I said " well, we haven't met them yet" and she started screaming lol she was really happy...

My mum likes to knit so we went to John Lewis and bought a ball of cream wool called something like "baby soft" wool and a pattern for a tiny cardigan. Then we wrapped it up like a present. When she unwrapped it we said she had better get started knitting!

Not sure how we will announce baby no 2 when we get our bfp.

I already shared with some in another post, but we will be announcing on Mother's Day. With our first, I just told my mom over the phone. I called her as soon as I got my BFP. (I think I may have still be sitting on the toilet in disbelief!! lmao) This time, my husband was the first to know, and we have been keeping the secret for what seems like forever because I wanted to tell my mom in a special way this time. My son doesn't even know yet because I'm afraid he can't keep the secret!!

Anyway, on Mother's Day we will giver my mom a big box wrapped with many smaller boxes wrapped progressively inside. Each box will have part of the phrase "happy Mother's Day, grandma. I can't wait to meet you!" Initially, she will think it is from my son until she gets to the last box with "meet you" and then the ultrasound pic inside. Then, my son will have a shirt that says "ONLY CHILD" in big bold letters and stamped over that: "EXPIRES DEC. 2015" in red which he will show after the gift is opened.

I hope it all goes well. We see my mom almost daily and I talk to her many times a day. It has been really hard to not mention anything! ��

My mother in law calls our dogs her "granddogs," so for Mother's Day, we're going to get a grandkids picture frame with a photo of our dogs in it. On the back we're going to tape the ultrasound pic and see how long it takes her to notice! I'm really looking forward to her reaction.

My dad and future step-mother like different sports teams, so we're going to get them each a onesie with their favorite team logo. They're getting married this September, so I will probably try to pass them off as some type of early wedding gift!

Parents are visiting later and I still haven't made a decision on an announcement yet. It's a shame that there are no birthdays around this time as it would have been nice to put it in a card. I think Im just going to tell them that we are having another baby!

We did this in the end! They were so happy! :)

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/4AFDC571-69D0-414C-9CEE-4D81354E1B08.jpg

That's adorable! With a cutie like that holding the sign it would be near impossible to not be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"