Announcing to parents

Mrnmrsm

TTC#2
Reaction score
Any ideas on announcing to parents??
I need to tell them before scan as I need childcare for my other son.

I was thinking of sticking an apple seed to a card with a note saying the size of your new grand baby coming December

Can you not take them to the scan with you i was allowed to take all three of mine in with me x

Can you not take them to the scan with you i was allowed to take all three of mine in with me x

He’s only just turned 4 and a pain in the bum 😑 im not sure they can go in where we are

I ordered a plaque on amazon where you write the amount of weeks in and it says until your grandparents again

I had to think about how to tell my grandparents (they're not exactly supportive people and we anticipated negative comments, so wanted to tell them in a light hearted way (if we sat them down all serious, it would give them the chance to turn it negative.

I ended up asking what people were doing for Christmas (I'm also due December).
Nan, as I expected, scoffed and went "DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT CHRISTMAS. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT CHRISTMAS, IT'S NOT EVEN SUMMER YET".

So I then said "yeahh, it must be quite stressful with 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren..."

It took a moment for the penny to drop before they suddenly went "3?!" (They already have one from me and one from my cousin) :haha:

You could get your son a "big brother" shirt, and have him wear it to a visit with them.

You could get your son a "big brother" shirt, and have him wear it to a visit with them.

That's what we're doing with our daughter ("big sister" obviously lol). :)

Im gonna put my 2 year old in a tshirt saying "im gonna be a big brother" and see hiw long it takes them to notice lol

I was going to do that! But couldn’t get a tshirt in time and hubby was seeing his parents for the last time before going away.

I got a babygrow with born in 2018 on it and put it in a little gift bag.

Safe to say there was tears on both sides of the family tonight at the news!!

Aww that must of been lovely!!! I xant wat to tell the parents :)!!

I think it’s the first time I’ve cried in years 😂😂

Now to wait and see what the epu will say when I ring at 9am. I’m such a wimp my stomachs doing flips just thinking about ringing!

Early pregnancy unit. I’m being cheeky and asking if they can see me due to miscarriages and an ectopic scare in the past. But I’m worried them thinking I’m silly!

Who cares what they think lol x your reassurance is more important :) am a bit nervous about telling parents and i dont know why!! Lol . and what you said yesterday made me think x im not sure what we are going to do for childcare at scans either x o dont really wanna take little man he is hyper at best of times and i really wanna enjoy and take in every moment x unfortunately parents and inlaws live in other towns

I was terrified to tell my parents!! I wouldn’t mind ive been married for 5 years and I’m 25!

So I have a scan at 11am!
I’m so nervous I hope everything is in the right place! And it’s only 1! A medium told me I was having twin girls!!

Ahhhh thats awesome :) you must be so excited! :) how do you know its only 1? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->