Annovulation

Susiez

Reaction score
I have been trying to conceive now for over 1 year and am 33 years of age. Recently I went to my doctors who referred me to the hospital for blood tests. Today I got my 21 day cycle blood test back which apparently came back as annovulation. I am obviously now very worried and am not due to see my doctor until I have another 2 blood tests completed. I guess they want to see if I do ovulate at all.

Has anyone experienced something similar. I dont think I can wait another 2 months before another appointment? Do you think I will be given Clomid?

hello and welcome. yes i had to have a number of bloods done to double check that i had anovulation. i wasn't ov'ing every cycle so now i am on clomid 50mg and further bloods confirmed ov.
good luck with the docs & getting ur BFP!!

Thanks for the quick reply- is this fairly common then, first time I have ever heard of this until today...

I thought that I was quite in tune with my body but i guess not. My periods are regular and I was getting positives every month on my ovulation predictor kits.

exactly the same with me. regualar 27 day cycle, positive cbfm cd 15 every cycle, temps, charted, ewcm, twinges everything. but my fs said that my three rounds of bloods were inconsistent. i am on my 4th round of clomid. have u been offered a hsg yet to check ur tubes r open? i did then started clomid.

No this is my first set of blood tests to come back. Is the HSG a scan to check out the fallopien tubes? What happens if the HSG shows they are blocked? Can anything be done?

i also forgot to say that u and i may actually ovulate every cycle but the bloods may have been done too soon and docs presume i haven't oved where actually i ov on cd 19 out of 25. i have a short Luteal Phase. Something to think about. my doc seems to believe in this magic ov on cd 14. well a follicle scan showed that i dont!!

Yes a hsg is a type of x-ray where they run dye in the tubes and the screen shows if they r blocked or not. dont worry hunni its all routine to eliminate causes.

yes something absolutely can be done to help. infact the hsg itself is known to clear out the tubes removing any small blockages. some women actually get their bfp after the hsg. Its know to improve fertility for 3 months after.

its sounds like u r well on ur way to getting answers which is one step closer to ur BFP!

That is definately something to think about. I am going to be positive and at least I have set things in motion... thanks for the advice!

Hi

Wanted to add that I had two blood tests, both were anovulatory, I was then put on metformin for 6 weeks due to pcos then started clomid after that. I had to go private as my BMI is over 30 and the NHS wouldnt treat me, but it is possible

The clomid actually didnt work first two cycles, im going up to 150mg and hopefully thatll get me ovulating, after that Im switching to injectables.

My point is that there are options - metformin works for some depending on your situation, or clomid or injectables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->