Annovulation?? :(

Monkey monkey

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering what your thoughts were.....

Had really irregular cycles since coming off mycrogynon but periods 4 days and 'average' this time Af came on day 56 but has been really light and only really lasted 2.5 days with a bit of spotting afterwards. Temp was up quite a bit in few days prior to Af.

What's going on? Do you think it's Annovulation?

I'm not sure but I would go to your docs and say you've been having some long cycles and see if they will test your hormone levels?

They may not cos your BCP can take up to 6 months or so to come out of your system. Are you using OPK's??

Getting fertility monitor to see if that can help me. Been to docs already, waiting on results of blood test. 10 day wait seems like an age!!

I have been having similar issues - I came of BCP in December and had a 55 day cycle followed by a 28 day cycle. I'm currently on cd23 and waiting to ovulate so this one is going to be longer too (well at least 32+ days).

I have been using opks and temping - my last cycle (the short one) my AF was very light - it only lasted a day with a few days of spotting (just brown light spotting) either side of that one day. As I have been temping I know that I did ovulate (I had the temp shift etc). I have read that low progesterone can cause short periods and spotting and that this can be common when coming off BCP as the body has to kick back in again and produce the hormones that the pill has suppressed.

How long have you been off BCP?

Ya ladies sound like your hormones have went wacky... I have anovualtion and when was on bcp my periods came like every 28 days on the head, when i went off i had 60-90 cycles...most ppls bodies will regulate in time, but see i also have pcos, and without bcp i didnt have regular cycles...but then i lost 60lbs and my cycles come every 30-35 days...

From what I know about BCP, it doesn't take that long for the hormones to leave your system, it just might take awhile for your body to get back to its "normal" self once you stop BCP. It can take months, or sometimes longer to get things back into working order.

Good luck!

Been off bcp since end Oct 2010 so just over 5 months I guess, that normal then? Thanks ladies :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->