annoyed at school nurse

rosie5637

BFP 7/7/11 AI
Reaction score
i got a letter from the school a few months back about health checks, ears eyes, weight and height. it was for the goverment data base so i opted out. my little protest at the snoopy nanny state aka labour government!

i then recieved a letter from the school nurse asking permission for the same tests to be carried out. it wasn't very clear if this was another government thing or wether it was just a school record thingy. there was no opt out section to sign so i just left it with the intention of getting my son checked myself. i since recieved 2 more letters pestering me.

i filled out the form yesterday as this does seem to be a school thing but i wrote on the bottom of the form in big letters that i do not want my son to be weighed at school. i feel quite strongly about this. i don't think any child should be worrying about their weight or need to be weighed. my son is a very lean young man so i have no worries.

he came out of school today with the results of the tests, including his weight:growlmad: why is it so difficult to read the form before testing the kids and to adhere to a parents wishes? makes me mad. i shall be complaining tomorrow.

That's terrible!!! Anything like that should definitely have an opt-out option! Let us know how talking to the school goes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->