annoyed

kelz86

mum of 1 and 1 on way
Reaction score
So I called my docs yesterday to book my first midwife appointment to be told there r none for a month and as they go by lmp date I'd be 13 weeks then so get told to ring midwife department in a small hospital not main one .get told I'm busy at mo mite be able to c u on weekend I'll call u back later well that was yesterday morning since called them 3 times today no answer and left a message bet I'm calling again tomorrow

I had pretty much the same thing! Trying to book my 16 week appointment with community midwife and she only works Tuesdays so the slots were full :/ asked if I could book for the following Tuesday....no because she wasn't sure if it HAD to be at 16 weeks. Told me to ring hospital directly to speak to midwife. Left three messages! Finally called and spoke to someone and they asked if it was for my booking in appointment! Um no....I've had my 12 week scan!!!! Finally spoke to someone the next day and got an appointment for a week later than it should be....so I'll be 17w 1d. Jeez!

I've also been surprised at how hard it is to get ahold of people to make these appointments. Saw my doctor to confirm with no issues, took me two days to book my 15 week appointment as recommended between no answer, 'i'll call you back' and 'the computer being down' :dohh:

It was the same way at the office where my midwife works. I had my appointment at 6 weeks but when I go in, they tell me my midwife is at the birth center and is currently unavailable. Gee, thanks for letting me know maybe BEFORE I arrived? I would be charged $20 if I didn't show for an appointment.

When I finally did see my midwife, she did an ultrasound because of my history of pregnancy loss. We saw a yolk sac and a baby but because the baby had no heartbeat she diagnosed me with a blighted ovum. She pretty much said there was nothing she could do, wait for my body to miscarry and she will prescribe pain meds if I needed them. It sounded as if she were pretty much done with me for this pregnancy. I called a different office, one that deals with high risk pregnancies, and they got me in within a day. I go for a second opinion tomorrow afternoon. Are there other offices you could call? Maybe some of them aren't as booked.

They tried a different surgery they the same finally got a call back this evening but the woman on phone had no idea wot I wanted had to explain again now got an appointment Sunday at 11am . Good luck with ur appointment tomorrow lilmiss

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow hun! Hope you see some progress with your lil bean x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->