• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Annual Leave (again)

jenny82

Reaction score
Our holiday work year runs from April-March each year.

I am going on maternity on 18th september. We get 20 days holidays per year and by the time I go off on maternity, I will have 11 days left. Am I entitled to take these holidays now or do I have to wait until next year?

If I can take them now, it means my maternity won't start until 6th October...which makes all the difference in the world, money wise :)

You should be entitled to them before your Mat leave starts. Do your work give you the 20 days at the start of the holiday year or do you have to accrue them? (as in work so long to qualify for so many days leave). I would speak to your work and ask them how it works, but I would assume that you will be on Mat leave when your holiday year is over and so unless you could carry your days hol forward to next year (which I think a lot of places wont do) then they will have to give you them before mat leave.

No theyre not accrued over the year. Thats cool - just checking I was allowed to take my whole leave before my maternity starts, as it occurred to me that they might try to do one over and claim that I can't take it..

You are allowed to take all your entitlement before you start maternity

Yep you can take it before your leave and get away early! :yipee:
Ace innit ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"