• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Another baby-yes or no?

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
We have a gorgeous crazy nearly 5yo dd im 33 dh is 37 we both work full time dh attends childcare fulltime but is ready for school in sept.

We have always wanted 2 children. I have just been diagnosed with scheuermanns diease which is to do with my back/spine. Doctor says a pregnancy shouldnt be complicated by this.

How do you know you are ready for another baby? Some days im super broody then other days im like one is enough. How do i make the right choice?

I think only you and your partner could answer that!
People do say if your unsure then your usually not done, cos once you know you know :)

In my experience when I was broody for my second it didn't go away. So even on days when I thought maybe it would be very hard etc I still wanted a baby.
When I get broody now it's more short lived.

Basically my logic of why not to have a baby out weighs natural broodiness. Where as before I can easily say broodiness wins.

Whatever you choose it needs to be both of you on board. Though there will always be good reasons for and against.

Think to your future how many children can you see sitting around your table? Taking on holiday?

Good luck

For me I was never particularly broody for a 2nd but I knew I wanted 2 children so just decided to go for it when I felt I was able to manage. I now have a 3 month old and a 4.5 year old and yes it has its difficulties but I absolutely love having them both and know it will get better and better as they grow up together. For me it was looking to the future. I wanted 2 kids on holidays and the 4 of us sitting around the dining table chatting about our day. As I said broodiness never really happened for me. Although saying all that it took me over 3.5 years to feel I could do the baby bit all over again for a long long time I was one and done. I now know I am 100% complete absolutely no desire to have anymore and my partner feels the same thankfully. 2 is lovely and I adore the way my two look at each other. My daughter is besotted with her little brother.

Like mentioned- only you and OH can possible know for sure. But even if you know you don't want more, that doesn't mean the broody part may not come back at times. I had my first/last bio-baby at 37yrs (after struggling with infertility). And being 44 now... going on 45. I cannot imagine starting over (now I kinda know how hubby felt with we decided to go for having a baby together as his first daughter was 9yrs old when we started dating). LOL. She was 14 when her little sister was born. And almost 21 now. And, tbh, I've had thoughts of wishing I was younger and it was feasible to have another. Partly cause I'll only ever have raised 1 kid from scratch- and partly cause it would be nice to give my LO a younger sibling (she's been asking lately). BUT- between my age, fertility issues and just well, LIFE- I cannot imagine going through ALL that on the off chance we might have another. Plus, I know 100% that hubby would not be down ;) I'm not either though- it's more about the "what if I was younger" than the actual reality of it all.

If you feel you'd eventually regret not having another... I think that says a lot <3

Thanks ladies. It's a tough choice we have always wanted 2 as didnt want DD to be an only child.

There are days the broodiness actually hurts (it doesnt help that 2 of my co-workers are expecting) then other days Dd is enough. Im also terrified about leaving it too late to ttc incase my back gets worse

Im in the exact same boat. I can think of reasons for having and not having especially as we would have to do ivf again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"