another back to back baby!

SisterRose

mummy to 3 monkeys
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how common it is to get babies moving from back to back position to a better birthing position at almost 35weeks?

my first was back to back and although the labour was short it was soooo painful :cry:
i wasn't going to start bouncing on my ball yet, bur might give it a try. Im sure he wasn't back to back even a few days ago as this is the first time the midwife has mentioned it and ive been to the midwife and Mau two other times this week and nobody mentioned baby being back to back!! Thinking about it, i felt a huge roll yesterday and then I was woken up in the night with some crazy movement on the front of my stomach!

Hope baby turns for you. Dd2 had a period of being back to back. I'm sure you have already been told this, but avoid slouching in the sofa and get on your birthing ball or sit on a dining chair backwards. My baby turned the right way, so fingers crossed your boy will.

Apparently very easy if there're not engaged and its not your first. This one has been b2b for the last three appts. My mw told me that she attended a home birth recently and they had the mum lay on her left handside between contractions and they shifted the baby - so even in labour its possible. I should start bouncing on a ball / doing exercises but I haven't done yet. In recent wks the baby has moved from completely b2b to being on its side

I hope bubs turns for you! I may be pulling this out of thin air, but I think that gravity is the best thing to get things moving, and with the back being the heavier than the front, avoid being too slouchy/reclined? Leaning forward or being on fours can help them to swing back around I think, even once in labour.

Sleep on your side, don't slouch and keep moving, don't sit for too long - I think at 35 weeks with a second one you have a good chance of getting him to a better position. My sister also swears by going to a chiropractor and reckons that was the only reason her 3rd baby wasn't back to back after her two first were.

Also, the best advice I have been given my midwife (my LO is ROP, so basically back to back but slightly to the right despite me having known my sister's issues and done all the 'right' things since 20 weeks!) is that sometimes they just can't or won't move and it's better for you both not to stress about it.

I'm sure you've heard about it before - but the spinning babies website is excellent, has lots of success stories so worth a try following some of their ideas.

My daughter was back to back I tried bouncing on gym ball getting down on all fours for me she didn't turn until I was in labour!

What all PPs have said, plus try getting on all fours. It's definitely possible at this stage, there's still plenty of room to turn around in there :flower: The amount of flipping my LO does even now makes me worry that she's gonna flip sometimes!

Thanks! With the two kids i have i barely get a few hours for sitting down anyway so that isn't a problem :haha:

ill try the ball and going on all fours for a while each day and see how that goes. I'm so sure i felt him flip/roll yesterday or the day before, i remember saying "ow!" and telling oh he's just done a huge roll in there! Just need to get him to roll back over now :dohh:

I think all of my babies have been back to back. I can feel all of her arms and legs so I'm assuming this one is too... Doctors never tell me... So I'm just guessing. My labors have been extremely painful and long. I'll bounce on a birthing ball now! Hope baby turns for us both :)

My baby has been back to back since at least 31 weeks, I'm 36 now. I was on bedrest for three weeks and unable to use the ball or gravity. But I was released from bed rest at 35 weeks and have been using the ball, walking and I did go to the chiropractor. In my 36 check up yesterday my doctor said she feels like she is almost anterior, so it seems she is turning. I'm not sure what helped or if she just wanted to move but I am continuing to use the ball, walk and see my chiropractor. GL!

My mw said they'll flip from side to side, back to front a lot, especially second babies, even in labour apparently! Mine certainly seems to by the variety of kicks I feel! She said the most important time to get bouncing was at the very start of labour to get baby in a good position and make sure they stay there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->