another blood test back no ov :( time for fertility treatment

libbymarks198

Reaction score
Today I received yet another blood test result letting me know I have not ovd. Doctors will not do anything for another year as we are "so young" so I have decided to go private and get fertility treatment first appointment is the 17th December I am so excited! actually just as I type this I have decided that I am going to ring up and ask if I can go in sooner as I don't want to wait :)

lets hope this is a quick process and a bit of clomid and that will be it.

anyway my question is what tips do you have to a new comer to fertility treatments what do I need to know, ask them at my appointment, emotionally what will I go through, is it worth the cost were not well off this will be a struggle to afford.

Thats silly of the doctors ,your not ovulating so no pregnancy is going to happen till you get on fertility meds to help you ovulate.

Usually fertility clinics will want to test your hormone levels on cd 3 because there may be a hormone imbalance that they can treat , most likely your body is not producing enough FSH so you can start by trying clomid , fertility treatments are not cheap its up to you and your partner to decide what you can afford.

We started with bloods an an internal scan which diagnosed PCOS.

Good luck, i was excited about going to the fertility clinic too as it was a step forward.

and yes it is so WORTH it!

Just wanted to check if this was a cd21 test? If it was did you take it cd21 or 7dpo? The reason I ask is when I first went for fertility testing they said I didn't ov but it was because I ovd early-cd9 ish-so by cd21 it showed low progesterone hence them saying no ov. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Eta first appt-history, internal ultrasound to check uterus, oh referral for sperm analysis, referral for hsg.
We actually got our first bfp just after being told I wasn't oving. After that mc we had clomid which regulated my cycles although didn't result in a bfp.

we have had blood tests and scans which showed everything was normal, i have been having blood testing on cd 21, 28, etc every week from cd 21 sometimes i went early in the cycle to see if i did it early.

the first stages are not to expensive around $300 a month its when it gets to ivf that will cost heaps but hopefully if it goes that far we will finally qualify for assistance from the government and not be told we are "to young"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->