• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Another blooming doppler thread!

mybabydreams

One pink, one blue
Reaction score
With both my dd and ds I could hear their hb at 9 weeks perfectly every time on my hi bebe doppler. It was so reassuring having had a mmc and cp in between pregnancies. Both their placentas were low so I think this may have helped somewhat. I have been trying every day to find this los hb and can hear nothing but what I think must be the placenta. I found a good clear hb on monday, went to grab my phone to record it, then haven't been able to find it since! I know from my previous pregnancies that it was defo baby, but I really wanted to record it so I knew I hadnt imagined it! Anyone else driving themselves mad with this? Im wondering if a) the placenta is at the ftont this time, or b) I am imagining the whole pregnancy! Its infuriating after finding the whole doppler thing so easy in my previous pregnancies. Thanks ladies xxx

I haven't found the HB yet this pregnancy, I'm 11 weeks and t is worrying me :(. I keep telling myself that all is OK and it is still quite early but it is hard not to worry when you read about other people finding the hb weeks earlier!

Hi, I found Mine from around 9 weeks but only Quick - Once I find the Wooshing sound I Find Babys HB near, I put loads of gel on my Belly and the Probe and if I struggle I get up walk around and Start again, also lieing total Flat too..... It is really early but everyone is different - Try and Relax even tho its Hard xx

Also my MW said thats the reason they do it around 15 weeks due to it being really hard to find :thumbup:

Another tip? Get someone else to try.
When you're using it by lifting your arm up you're also slightly tensing your abdomional muscles so by getting someone else to do it you might have a clearer result :)

Thanks ladies. I know im being slightly paranoid and its still super early. I think its just that ive always found it so easily in past pregnancies! Im just glad to hear im not the only one who is obsessing about it. Good luck to everyone else trying to find theirs xx

i somehow managed to find mine at 8weeks and 5days, i only knew it was babies heartbeat because of the obsession i had with my daughter haha..

I had a Blighted ovum that wasn't discovered until 13 weeks, so I'm starting to obsess again, i was there the other night for nearly an hour, and i found it! haha

Some girls in another thread used a glove or condom over it to do transvaginal and found it that way

Hey there. Seens as you said you have been trying for a while, then found it, leads me to believe it's just harder to find this time :) it's a different pregnancy and baby could be in all sorts of different positions. I found the HB at 8 and half week and have been able to find it easy until this week (week 9) when it's now harder to find as baby moves around quite a bit and is always in a different place. Don't worry. It's not common to find the HB under 12 weeks. You have found it, now baby is hiding :hugs:

Try not to worry baby wriggles about so much, I could only pick up one twin one on Monday and Thursday but think I got them both yesterday in completely different positions than usual.

I still can't find mine and I've got 2 in there! The ultrasound tech picked them up today just fine, though.

I purposefully didn't try with DD until 16 weeks because I didn't want to make myself worry. And even then, with the mixed reviews about the safety, I only listened 5-6 times the whole pregnancy.

This time my MW couldn't find a HB when I saw her and I have twins!! I haven't tried it yet... too scared I will panic. This is sooo early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"