Another Braxton Hicks thread

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Shifter, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Hello ladies,

I know this comes up fairly often, but I was just wondering if Braxton Hicks are always felt at the top of your bump, or if you can feel them under it too.

Last night I had a really bad pain that came on like a normal stretching ache but got gradually worse until it was really painful. But it was gone again in just a minute or two.

2. pennysbored

pennysbored Well-Known Member

I don't know much about them, but aren't they supposed to be your whole uterus contracting? So yeah, they can really be anywhere, if you can believe my sources.

3. Neecee

Neecee Guest

I normally get them around the bottom half of my tummy, but today I did get something higher up which felt a bit like a stitch.

4. samandtania

samandtania Pregnant #2

Midwife said to me a while ago, Braxton Hicks arn't supposed to be painful or regular, I had them alot with Tania they didn't hurt they were just uncomfy and bump would just go hard for about 20 seconds.

5. sue08

sue08 Well-Known Member

when I got them with my daughter they were not painful, it was just tightening of the tummy

6. Shifter

Shifter Guest

Thanks all, I think it was probably just a really bed stretching pain :-/