Another Catholic Baptism Question

Green Lady

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit dim, but to those mums who've had their LO's baptised, did you bring your own baptismal garment and candle? I've seen them for sale and wasn't sure if this was something we were meant to bring or not! No one mentioned it. Also does £30 sound about right for a donation? We're having our little girl baptised next month and I'm very excited! :happydance:

We had to provide our own white shawl & candle, however the church would have given us a candle if we hadn't brought one ourselves. It was just that my SIL (also LO's godmother) had a special candle made with LO's name & the date of christening so we wanted to use that instead. We also gave £30 as a donation.

Hope you all have a great day :flower:

We had to provide our own white garment and the church provided the candle. £30 sounds right to me. Hope you all have a lovely special day!

Hi, you must provide your own white shawl. You can buy one of the expensive baptism candles, although I just bought a normal church candle £3and this done the job perfect. The chapel will usually provide one is if you don't bring one. To be honest I would bring one with you as at my my first daughter's baptism we were the only ones who didn't bring one and it was embarassing having to be handed one. We made a donation of £20.00. There is no set amount, its whatever you can afford. X

Hey! DD is on Sunday! :) I'm very excited, we were told that if we didn't have a white shawl or candle then they could provide it. We have our own though so are using that and the church is prviding the candles :) hope you have a lovely day xxxx

We had to bring our own White garment but the church gave us our candle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->