Another Controversial TV Prog - Channel 4 - The Hospital!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by LittleMermaid, Apr 14, 2009.

1. LittleMermaid

LittleMermaid Still LTTC#1 ~ MedMenoP

Here we go again!

Another programme highlighting the controversial topic of teenage pregnancies!

Anyone watching?

Already there are some who didnt use contraception, and didnt realise they could get pregnant - WTF!!

I hope this doesnt offend anyone - apols if it does - but its something that has been discussed here before and Im sure there are some ladies here who will have a point of view on the programme.

2. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

I'm watching it too. I totally agree with you! How can girls not know that they can get pregnant if they don't use contraception?!!!
    Also, I'm shocked by the young girls who will not give up smoking even though they are pregnant. I don't want to offend anyone. I just find it shocking.
    xx

3. Berniep

Berniep Well-Known Member

I'm watching it at 10 cause hubby is watching something else at the moment, is it worth watching?

4. ILoveShoes

Yes - but you might get annoyed!

5. BradysMum

BradysMum Well-Known Member

I'm watching it now... and in shock! DH got angry at it so has left the room. He said that girls that stupid shouldn't be allowed to reproduce :p I can't believe some of them thought they couldn't get pregnant if they weren't using contraception!

6. LittleMermaid

Its soooo incredibly frustrating to watch ... but one of those that you feel you have to watch coz you want to know what happens to them all.

The girl who just had a baby girl ... OMFG ... just had to have a caesarian and wanted to be put to sleep for it too, irrespective of her and the baby's health (as high risk) .. said before she went in "im never having another baby" ... then afterwards suddenly realises she never got to see her baby be born ... and goes on to say ... wait for it (drumroll please ......) "when I have my next one, I think I might want to be awake, but then Im not sure"

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

... and she just left the baby whilst she popped out for a cigarette !!!!! :

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

I reckon these girls are all delusional!!

7. ILoveShoes

It's so annoying, isn't it. Especially when there are so many couples who are trying (unsuccesfully) to get pregnant...

8. LittleMermaid

These people from the hospital and maternity unit must be pulling their hair out!

Having to sit there and listen to them saying they want another baby, having only just given birth! Heavens - give me strength!

9. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

I hated it, being a teenage mum my self, it didnt give a fair view of teenage mum's, we are not all jumping in to bed with anyone, chain smoking, not listening to midwives advice etc etc. But I know that wouldnt make good viewing.

ETA And five years after I had my son I dont wish I waited.

10. danni0509

danni0509 Well-Known Member

i didnt watch it because i knew it would fcuk me off i cannot stand immature little girls that can fall pregnant so easily while there is people like me and oh that cannot fall pregnant for the life of us
    fair enough if they are going to look after there babys properly then theres no problem with them falling pregnant if that is what they want to do but i too often see SOME young girls having babys and still living a normal life for example going out on the piss every single weekend and leaving there baby with tom dick or harry so they can still live out there teenage years it really infuriates me and as for the "can we still get pregnant if we dont use contraception" please do not get me started lol x

and i put the word SOME in capitals because i know all young girls are not the same x x

11. LittleMermaid

As I said in the first post - there was no malice or intention to offend, just a topical subject thats been discussed before.

I am well aware that not all teenagers are jumping into bed randomly ... and it is a misconception, as there are some who geniunely wish to have children at an earlier age.

The programme is not within our remit to say whether it was filmed correctly or represented well, that was down to the producers and ultimately the editors have the final say on whats aired on tv. So I can only comment on the view that it gave me - and I have to say the girls that chose to be filmed and agreed to it being aired, certainly didnt represent themselves very well - which is obviously subject to discussion. However, I understand your point of view in that it portrays everyone within that age range with the same image, which is ultimately not always true (as you said you are testament to that).

It seems you are one of the few who have chose to have children and have no regrets - which is great to hear! Whats sad is that the girl at the end when asked if she would have done it had she known - said no - now that is a shame and a tragedy to think there are those that go through pregnancy at such a young age and have that kind of regret.

There are so many ladies on here who are desperately trying to conceive and some for quite some time too, without success 'yet' - now that is even more of a shame - as at least they wont regret it after all their hard work in trying!

As I said, please dont take offence, as this is just my personal perspective on the programme and from someone who has no children - but is trying - that docu made me sad and angry all at the same time.

TTC emotions, nightmare to control! :blush:

12. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc

I am sorry if I upset or offended anyone, I didnt notice it was in the TTC section, and just wrote sorry :hugs:

13. charlz87

charlz87 TTC Cycle #4

I decided not to watch the programme as I knew it would make me upset and mad. There has recently been a teenage pregnancy in our close family that ended in abortion and it tore me to pieces while I was WTT, just a month before TTC. She was 15 and as far as Im concerned made the right choice for her because she is very immature and many other things.
    I am only young myself at 21 but have been in a stable relationship for 6 and a half years and we have lived together for 2 years and both have stable jobs etc. and we are 100% ready for a baby. I enjoyed my teenage years and am glad I did!!!

14. Billyboots

Billyboots Well-Known Member

i watched it, how irritating! did you see how stupid they were, wanting a G.A instead of being awake through the delivery although her risks were really high. And when she refussed to have the clexane to stop her clotting as she was at high risk. Scared of bloody needles and piercings all over her face. They dont deserve to be mothers!! how come it happens so easy for people like that who want babies as fashion statements, then others like us struggle, mc and want a baby so bad xx sorry if ive offended but it was a discrase!! xx

15. Billyboots

Billyboots Well-Known Member

and i dont mean teenage mothers, i mean those girls on the programme. My mum had 4 children, her first when she was 17 and has done an excellent jobs, but them girls last night were absolutely ridiculous. Have a baby for the right reasons not to get you a house or benefits as one of them said xx

16. LittleMermaid

No problem at all Tasha - glad you felt you could add some comment to the thread - as I said it is a controversial subject, and thought it would spark an interesting discussion.
    No hard feelings hun x

17. cazd

cazd Guest

OMG - sounds like I missed a blinder of a show. Is it a series?

I remember a show a while back about teenage parents - it showed the young mums and dads and one thing a boy said has stayed with me...
    "when I first found out about the baby I was really scared... but now I'm just not bothered"
    :rofl:

18. vikki-leigh45

vikki-leigh45 TTC our first - exciting!

Sorry this might be long by the way lol. I didn't watch it but i can only imagine of some of the stuff they are saying as i know what teenage girls are like. The only thing is they're making it worse for every other teenage mum, cause i know for a fact that not every teen mum is like that. Take my mum for example she fell pregnant at 17 and still worked throughout her whole pregnancy and even after she gave birth. She spent her 18th birthday at home heavily pregnant and she had me at 20 so didn't get pissed and go out clubbing till mid 20's so its not all about having a baby then going out every night.
    I think some of you should be a little more open minded about teen pregnancy, i know that when i was a teen i would of struggled but wouldnt of been like any of them girls i never even went out on the streets so its not all teenagers. So give some of them a break dont assume that every teen girl with a pushchair or a big bump is a dirty sleep around, smoking and drinking with no boyfriend cause some of them will actually be really good mums and earn a good living for their kids and have a supporting partner with them. Cause i know a lot of women who see young girls with babies just some them as stop-outs getting drunk everynight when they arent so dont use programmes like this to stick with your views about teen pregnancy cause not everyone is like them girls who in my mind are disgusting and see babies as something they can dress up go out with to look good and what makes me laugh they think they can buy gucci and prada for their babies on a show i watched.
    So ladies open your mind a bit cause it upsets me when people say stuff like that about teen mums when they arent like that cause what you're seeing on telly is what will get a lot of views. x

19. Orange lady

Orange lady Well-Known Member

It was pretty shocking wasn't it?
    I feel sorry for the children. It was all about them. Totally selfish.
    Did you see the girl trying to feed her newborn a digestive?
    :dohh:

20. Ilove

Ilove Guest

Imo it wasnt the fact that they were teens...bioligcally were designed to start from our late teens. What bothered me was the level of ignorance and naivity. This is unfortunately a widepread problem for mothers of all ages in this country:( As a LTTTCer I did have to turn it off after the first few minutes unfortunately