Another engaging question... sorry!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Dukechick, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

I'm going for an ultrasound next week to see if my placenta has moved up anymore....... can the sonographer tell if my baby is engaged or not?? I'm feeling him move a lot lower lately, and tonight, it feels like his hands are going to reach out of my hoohoo!!! It hurts sometimes the way he moves! Like, pins and needles in my crotch!

2. esther

esther Mum to Layla born June 09

I'm not sure if they can tell you if he is engaged or not because I don't think sonographer's are allowed to give that kind of information, well over here anyway they don't give us any diagnostic advice, but when I had my placenta scan they said she was head down nice and low. I'm really not sure to tell you the truth hun!

When is your next doctors appointment?? They will just be able to feel around your tum and tell you if he is nice and low down.

3. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

At 31 weeks, I don't think you would want to be too far engaged.
    Your want your baby head down yes, but not engaged as that is a sign of labour.
    Although some babies engage and disengage in the next heartbeat.

But as esther pointed out, I don't think the techs can give you that information. You will have to see when you go back to the doctor that ordered the ultrasound. That is the rule of thumb in Canada.

4. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Hope your scan goes well and you get some good news, like the others say Im not sure they can give out that sort of information but who knows they might, take care :hugs: XX