Another fake email doing the rounds (this time Amazon)

StirCrazy

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
It's the usual Paypal style lame attempt.

Just received this email:

Dear Amazon Account Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we were unable to verify your account information. This might be due to either one of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information (ie change of address).
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial enrollment process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your account information due to an internal error within our processors.

We demand that you take 3 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records to avoid running into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in your account suspension. Once you have updated your account records your internet service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.We encourage you to connect to your account and confirm your information, by clicking the secured url below :https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=topnav_ya_gw/104-2878772-7632756

*Important*We have asked few additional information which is going to be the part of secure login process. So, please provide all these info completely and correctly otherwise due to security reasons we may have to close your account temporarily.

When you click on https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html/ref=topnav_ya_gw/104-2878772-7632756 (in the email) it takes you to a fake website that looks like Amazon.

So beware.

I never do anything if some one DEMANDS me to :lol:

i get loads of these....abbey, RBS, u name it...i know theyre crap but i bet they catch many people out.

I had i email like this but it was for halifax bank i dont even have a halifax account
asking to retype my on line banking information for somthing or other

Feel sorry for that person who thinks there real and goes ahead with it

I also get some one from another country saying a family had died in a plane crash and they left $million and he would be happy to give me whats left over onec he take 20%
but just needs my bank account detailes how pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->