Another light BFP this morning 2 days on. Need reassurance!

allaboard

Reaction score
It's 2 weeks since we last DTD, so i know that's when we conceived. I had EWCM 2 weeks 1 day ago. I'm normally on a 28-31 day cycle, so due AF no later than tomorrow.

I tested 2 days ago and got a faint but definite positive. 2 days on, no different. It took 3 minutes to appear this morning.

I had the same last year and miscarried at 6 weeks- the tests never got darker. The next cycle, they did get darker, then i miscarried after a slow heart rate.

I'm so worried.

Please tell me some of you didn't get a dark line until a while after you period was due?!

I'm going to the GPs tomorrow to ask for a couple of blood tests for an HCG raise as I'm too anxious for all this malarky, to wait for another pregnancy to come to an abrupt end.

i have never experienced this because i have never tested till a good few days of being late. I have heard of it tho loads. You dont no when you ovulated or how long implantation is. So you may just be really early. Going to docs is good. Hope you get your blood test

Thanks littleblonde :flower: going to get a better quality test later this morning as I can still dip it into the same sample. My symptoms aren't that strong, so it's a de ja vu all over again :(

Took a FRER from the same saved sample - the pregnancy line was darker than the tester line! I'm still pushing for a HCG test though, my history is too anxiety inducing not to ask for it!

i was going to say try an frer - im glad you did as they are really good. it took over a week for my line to get darker :)

My line was faint til three days after AF, even on Superdrug tests which are meant to be as sensitive as FRER. I digi put my mind at rest, and the then the GP test, and then two more Superdrug tests, and another digi, and two Tesco ones lol.....
xxx

you should try on a digital test as when i was testing the lines were very faint and some came back negative but the digital one came back as pregnant strait away. Good luck hun x x

Thanks for your input girls. Just to update - Went to the surgery this morning and the GP won't give me an HCG tracking test, despite previous miscarriages and my anxiety (the second MC was quite complicated, almost resulted in a transfusion). Gutted. Looks like I'll have to wait it out again until an early scan which I am entitled to a 2 or 3 weeks.

Hi Allaboard,

I don't like those 2 lines tests! I did my 1st one and it said I was not pregnant! I followed it with a digital one, which clearly said PREGNANT. I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of the line, it will drive you mad! A few days before my 7 weeks and 5 days scan I took another one of those "2 lines" test and the line was still quite faint! But we saw a healthy heartbeat a few days later! I just came back from a 12 weeks scan and we have a healthy baby kicking around.

I seriously wouldn't worry too much, just buy a different, digital test. Good Luck! x

Thanks for your input girls. Just to update - Went to the surgery this morning and the GP won't give me an HCG tracking test, despite previous miscarriages and my anxiety (the second MC was quite complicated, almost resulted in a transfusion). Gutted. Looks like I'll have to wait it out again until an early scan which I am entitled to a 2 or 3 weeks.

Wow, that's horrible. I don't know how it works where you are, but is there any way you can get another doctor. I know many don't like to standardly do beta hcg tests but under the circumstances of two previous losses, you think he'd do what he could to reassure you.

Sorry hun. Your FRER looks very good though.

Hi Allaboard,

I don't like those 2 lines tests! I did my 1st one and it said I was not pregnant! I followed it with a digital one, which clearly said PREGNANT. I wouldn't worry too much about the colour of the line, it will drive you mad! A few days before my 7 weeks and 5 days scan I took another one of those "2 lines" test and the line was still quite faint! But we saw a healthy heartbeat a few days later! I just came back from a 12 weeks scan and we have a healthy baby kicking around.

I seriously wouldn't worry too much, just buy a different, digital test. Good Luck! x

Thanks, that's definitely reassuring to hear your pregnancy is healthy and you've had the same stupid faint test! It makes you go into panic mode doesn't it. Congrats on getting to 12 weeks chick!

Wow, that's horrible. I don't know how it works where you are, but is there any way you can get another doctor. I know many don't like to standardly do beta hcg tests but under the circumstances of two previous losses, you think he'd do what he could to reassure you.

Sorry hun. Your FRER looks very good though.

It's not great is it :( the only thing that offsets it slightly is that i'm chuffed about the FRER result yesterday, so it's carrying me along at the moment. My surgery is rubbish though, but that GP is actually a nice guy. Unless I move districts I'd just get the same response. I can't understand how they can justify a scan at 6/7 weeks (ie the expense) and not a simple blood test. It's ridiculous.

I didn't take a test until 2 days after AF was due - it was quite faint then, and the second one I took 2 days later. These were both FRER
I took another test today at lunchtime and it was much stronger - and from a cheapy own make test.
I was feeling worried at how faint the lines were so wanted to take another test just to be sure.

Good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"