Another look at my 6 week scan. Is it me or are there 2 "blobs" in this photo?!

kirstypro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im 9 weeks pregnant and at 6 weeks went for a private scan. We heard one heartbeat and the sonographer said it was a healthy pregnancy, measured baby and that was pretty much it. I have just looked at my photos from the scan again and please correct me if im wrong, but I think I can see two "blobs" one at the top, one at the bottom. Can anyone else see this? Could we be having twins?! I have a scan mid august but my mind is going mad now!

https://i60.tinypic.com/o0e9t1.jpg

I'm with you I'm not sure I can see something at the top but could be shadowing x

I see it too could it be the placenta growing? x

Not sure, but really doubt an experienced sonographer would miss something that inexperienced people see. I think a twin could be missed if it was hiding behind the other baby, but then it wouldn't be seen in the sono photo either. In other words, what we see in the photo, the sonographer would have seen too and if it was a baby they would have known.

They should have a copy in your file. Call and ask if they can take another look? I would imagine twins would have two heartbeats and be easy for them to catch. I see what you're talking about, but I am not experienced enough to say what it is. Sorry!

I definitely see what you mean!! I'd give them a call and ask.

I had the same thoughts at my scan at 7+2 I've attached the photo the lady said she wasn't sure if it was the yolk sac or vanishing twin.

It turned out to just be the yolk sac but because of the position at the bottom it didn't look like the usual yolk sac does.. Yours look similar to mine so maybe it's just the yolk?

X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs