Another Newbie ...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emerald-Sarah, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Emerald-Sarah

Emerald-Sarah TTC # 1 with IVF

Hi all, I have been reading this site for months and have read so many encouraging threads that I felt I just had to join.

Soa little about me I have been with my wonderful OH for seven years and we have been ttcing for 5 years! I've had almost every test under the sun in that time ( I have no dignity left!!) however 3 years ago I was told that I had a blocked right tube and slight scarring on the left tube (possibly from a case of appendicitus and peritonitus I had when I was younger) and that conceiving naturally was next to impossible and that IVF would be the way forward for us .. After a million and more tears, my OH and I decided that we'd stop actively ttcing as to be honest the previous two yaers had been a complete rollercoaster .. (I think I was starting to lose it )

So I threw away all my charts, thermometer, books and all the little things you seem to collect along this journey and I immediatlu felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders even though the whole situation was heartbreaking to say the least.

I carried on with life as normally I could and watched in envy as my friends and sister had their children .. You all know that awful feeling I'm sure.

Then in May 2006 I realised that I was late (I'm usually quite regular 28-32days) I remember sitting at my desk wondering if I could possibly be pregnant .. and then getting angry with myself for getting my hopes up, afterall the doctors said it wouldn't happen and I was having no other symptons anyway. So I carried on as normal and didn't test, Im a none smoker and I dont drink (only a glass of wine on special occasions) so I figured that if I AF still hadn't arrived by next month i'd go to the doctors and find out what was going on.

Two weeks later while at work once agin i suddenly began to experience this incredibly sharp pain in my lower left abdomen and left thigh and then I began to bleed quite heavily .. A long story short I had indeed been pregnant and I went on to have a complete miscarriage.

After my initail anger at myself for not having the courage to have hope and denying our little bean until it was too late, I realised that the doctors were wrong I had gotten pregnant on my own and even though it hadn't worked out on this occasion, it would in the future.

I was back in the game :happydance: !!!!

Until now though we have not been lucky enough to fall pregnant again and after lenghty discussions with my consultant I am going to start Clomid Starting on my next cycle.

It's been a long 5 years I can tell you .. and even though We will be on meds next month I'm starting to feel a little deflated so Im hoping that chatting to people who are also waiting paitiently for the stork to pay them a visit may help me a little.

I'm also interested in knowing how other people have got on using clomid.

I'm sorry for the essay (I promise it was the short version).

Babydust to you all ... Sarah x

2. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Welcome to BnB!

Good luck on TTC and hope that you will get your BFP soon!

3. Chris77

Chris77 Mommy to PJ and Gavin

Hi :hi: Welcome to BnB!

4. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Welcome to bnb and hope you get your BFP soon x

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:hi: Welcome!

6. lynz

lynz mum of 2 princesses

:hi: welcome to baby and bump