Another poop question...

Shandra

Mommy to a beautiful boy!
Reaction score
Starting last Monday LO hasn't been pooping very much, it is about once every other day. Usually he poops a couple times a day, he is still having plenty of wet diapers. The weird thing now is that the last couple times he has pooped it is different than his normal poop. Normally he has very yellow seedy poops. Now since he has been pooping less his poop is a dark yellow, almost starting to look a little brown, and it is a lot thicker than it ever was. It is definitely not like peanut butter consistency but a couple steps below that if that makes sense, and it isn't seedy. He isn't getting anything other than breastmilk so what could be changing his poop? Is it normal or OK for him to have poo like this?

Its completely normal at around the four month mark for BF baby poo to get thicker and browner; and even in some cases, smellier, its just part of their digestive system maturing. The thickest my boys' has ever been before being on solids is like toothpaste but I have read it can even go to a play-doh consistency and a few BF babies get physically constipated (ie having very solid, difficult to pass poo) at this age even when on no solids at all xx

Thanks so much for responding! That makes me feel so much better, I was worried that their might be something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->