Another potential ectopic, 5 years to the date. Update pg 3

Thank you ladies. I will be SO relieved if it is not ectopic. My only question is, how do they figure it out? If my levels rise again, but slowly.. what next? I don't want to keep waiting as time is very precious with an ectopic and tube rupture. My tube ruptured last time at just 6 maybe 7 weeks. I am at week 4 and a half now. :( I can't eat, I can't sleep. I am worried out of my mind. Nothing would make me happier to get low numbers tomorrow morning and have this carry out on its own.

With mine they scanned me and saw the ectopic and sent me to surgery that day (after endless being sent home to freak out by myself). I suppose if they see abnormal levels they will scan you.
Do you feel that it is ectopic? Does something seem wrong to you? Or could it be mainly anxiety? I am having the same fears and anxiety is really making me feel awful, I'm scared to be alone in case I collapse and nobody knows.
Could you get a private scan?

Usually ectopics involve some level of pain or discomfort, and some bleeding. We both do not have these symptoms at the moment, so maybe we should think positive. Fingers crossed.

He says my levels are so low nothing will be seen on a scan. :( with the slow rising numbers I just have a bad feeling plus I heard previous ectopic surgery can cause scar tissue on your good tube. Plus I keep feeling like I have pain on my left side where my tube is. I don't know.

I think they only tend to remove the tube if the other tube looks healthy. Although I don't know for sure. I was told afterwards that my left tube looks good, but some other organs (ovary and bowel) were stuck together. Do you have your medical notes? There's a good chance that your tube is healthy and the left sided pain could be either a corpus luteum cyst, or normal stretching of the uterus.
If the pain feels bad, get help though. I keep thinking I'm imagining pains. I have a lot of weird pains at the moment.

Your previous surgery shouldn't have even touched the other tube. Was it laparoscopic surgery (three small incisions and stomach pumped with some gas)?

I had about 3 cups of internal bleeding. I was cut open in the same spot as my previous c section. I read internal bleeding can damage nearby tube and scar tissue can form.

Hey ladies. Hope all goes well for u today. I've only had one ectopic and three subsequent Normal pregnancies (albeit one was a mmc) but I can tell u that each time I felt pain on my ectopic side despite it not actually being ectopic again. Enough to make me panic but they said the reason for the pain was due to stretching scar tissue. I hope you get the results you want today. Big hugs to u xxx

Although they may not ne able to see much with low levels they should be able to see if the womb lining is thickened which woukd indicate that the pregnsncy is in the womb and not the tube x

My doctor called me personally this morning. He said they dropped from 83 to 60. His "loose" prediction at this time is that is simply an early miscarriage that will resolve itself on its own very soon. This was the best case scenario for me at this point. That means my left tube did carry another baby down it, just something was not right. The only question is why the miscarriage? Is it my age now? Is something else unhealthy down there? How likely is it to happen again? I am worried about all these things therefore not sure if we will try again or not.

I am not out of the woods yet. I have to do another blood test tomorrow. The hope is that the levels keep going down and then I will just m/c on my own. Since they never got above 83 I don't think it will be a terrible event - but this is all new to me. If they go up again, an ectopic will be highly suspected and they will try and do an ultrasound, even though the numbers are very low, to see if they can see a cyst or anything.

So, this call was definitely the best case scenario. Maybe this will all be over soon?

When I had my miscarriage I asked the midwife at the early pregnant unit exactly that... Why me? Why a miscarriage? What was wrong with me? She explained it to me in a way that made great sense and hopefully it will to you too..

When a sperm and egg meet each have 23 chromosomes... Each chromosome is destined to meet its match... So for example the sperm has an A chromosome, and the egg has an A chromosome, and so on. The chromosomes send out signals to eachother so that they meet the right one. It is such a complex process that occasionally the signals get crossed... I mean u can imagine that can't you with all that activity going on? If this happens and say A accidentally merges with C, then there is essentially a error in the blueprint for the baby.. And in most cases this will at some point cause a miscarriage.. Usually early on. (Which actually means your body is doing its job and recognising somethings not right.) It's a fluke thing... A horrible peice of bad luck, but does not mean it will happen again. Believe that. Cause it's true. Don't give up hope and don't question your own ability to create life. You've done it before and can again.

In the meantime I'm glad it appears to not be an ectopic but I'm so sorry for your loss nonetheless. Hope you are ok, and take it easy on yourself xxx

Thank you so much for your words. It is greatly appreciated.

Please don't let this knock you from trying again. Take your time to recover and try again when you're ready. I had 3 back to back miscarriages last year but in carrying a healthy little girl now, if Id have given up, she wouldn't be tucked up inside me now almost ready to be born x

Breaking I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out, but what a relief it appears not to be ectopic *touch wood*. I hope your next blood results confirm this.

I too had a mc after an ectopic, my baby died at 8+5 but I didn't know until the 12 week scan. I can now look back with such relief that I didn't stop trying... I'm so stubborn I just couldn't accept that 2 losses was going to be the end of my TTC journey. This is such a personal decision though, and only you can know whether you feel strong enough to face TTC again. Please give yourself time to grieve and take care of yourself :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->