• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Another progesterone question

A

AndreZZ

Does anyone know if progesterone can fluctuate throughout the first trimester? MY levels are within normal range (I am on 200mg prometrium) and I did spoke to 2 different obgyn's as well as a doctor who said fluctuations can be normal.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced fluctuations in progesterone.

I'm about 5 weeks and have been getting hcg and progesterone tested every 3 days and I think I'm done with the bloodwork. I fiND it so stressful. I can't handle the anxiety that comes with it.

I only ever got hCG bloods done, if they are going up nicely I would probably take out those back and forth trips too ... depending on your circumstances x

Yes, they can fluctuate throughout the day too according to my OB.

Thank you for your responses. I did also eat right before my last blood draw which I've heard can effect progesterone.
I guess I will have to sit tight until my ultrasound on the 30th which seems like it's years away!

I feel you. What were your levels?

Mine have been 12, then 9 (after eating), then 13.9 . I'm also on 200 mg Progesterone. Is yours vaginal or oral?

I have read they can fluctuate and are higher in the morning and lowest after lunch.

I haven't had my HCG checked for some reason!

I feel you. What were your levels?

Mine have been 12, then 9 (after eating), then 13.9 . I'm also on 200 mg Progesterone. Is yours vaginal or oral?

I have read they can fluctuate and are higher in the morning and lowest after lunch.

I haven't had my HCG checked for some reason!

My last progesterone reading took quite a dive...and we were also monitoring my progesterone post ovulation and it took a huge dI've at about 7dpo as well...but still got my bfp and it climbed again after so I don't know if fluctuation is normal for me. This I my first pregnancy monitoring it.

My levels are:
12dpo: hcg-60 progesterone- 60.5
14dpo: hcg-159 progestrone-134
17dpo: hcg-520
20dpo: hcg-1236 progesterone-92.1

Keep in mind my prgesterone is in nnmol/L, so my progesterone at 14dpo was 42 ng/L and 17dpo 29ng/L.
I have spoken to 3 diff obgyn's (one of whom I trust very much) and 2 different doctors. They have all told me this is nothing at all to worry about. I'm on 200mg prometrium vaginally so I'm doing what I can and really praying my numbers just go back up (like it did after ovulation).
I did eat right before my last draw though maybe that has to do with why the progesterone fell? Whereas with the others I hadn't eaten before the draw.

I'm supposed to go in for another blood draw tomorrow but I really don't know if I want to. All this stress cannot be helping.

Will you be going in for any more bloodwork?

Those numbers all look great to me!!

Yes, I'm scheduled to get weekly progesterone levels drawn until 10 weeks. Like you I'm not sure about it though, and not sure if it's helping. If I didn't know my levels I would be none the wiser and a lot less stressed.

Those numbers all look great to me!!

Yes, I'm scheduled to get weekly progesterone levels drawn until 10 weeks. Like you I'm not sure about it though, and not sure if it's helping. If I didn't know my levels I would be none the wiser and a lot less stressed.

I know! I almost feel like too much information isn't a good thing. We have information overload these days, and for me it seems to cause more anxiety than relief. I hope the progesterone works for us both :)

I know, I was thinking yesterday about women who were pregnant the first you know, thousands of year of human existence and just kinda rolled with it. :rofl: Now I'm getting blood draws, I'm taking a million supplements and vitamins....we get scans when the baby is the size of a watermelon seed.....how did women do it all before? ;)

A lot less stress.

May the progesterone do it's thing for us both!!!

Just wanted to update as I'm getting really concerned about my progesterone.
I went in on Friday for another blood draw and my hcg level was 2500 (good doubling time) but my progesterone fell again...to 24 ng/L. I'm so worried that it's just going to continue to fall and my obgyn is ok with the progesterone level which I don't understand!
If it fell 2 times in a row won't it just keep falling? He's not willing to up my dose of prometrium which I don't understand!
This is making me so nervous...I'm glad about the hcg but the progesterone is rrally stressing me out.

Bump. Has anyone experienced a decline in progesterone? What was the outcome? Should I just prepare for the worst I feel like I'm going crazy...my doctor's nurse told me to stop calling for results, if there was anything wrong they would call. But I feel so frustrated/defeated by these silly progesterone levels.

Honestly, those numbers are good!!! If normal first tri is 12 to 47, you are pretty much in the middle of normal! I would not worry at all. If they told me mine was 24 I would do a happy dance lol. I'm over here having to live with 13.9. I haven't decided if I'm even going to get if drawn this week.

I'm with your doctors. :thumbup:

How far along are you?

Try not to worry. Do you have any troubling symptoms?

:hug:

Thank you Allie84. I think it's the decline in progestrone that's concerning me...every few days it seems to be going down.
I've never had my prgesterone tested in early pregnancy so I'm just in the dark with it all.

I don't have any troubling symtoms, so I'll take that as a positive, I don't really have any preganncy symtoms at all either.
I am about 5+4/ 5+5. I have a scan on the 30th, so a long wait until then.

I won't be getting any more bloodwork done either. It is just doing way more harm than good.

Do you have a scan booked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"