Another RLT question...

BumbleBump

Mummy to 3 girlies!
Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of posts on RLT, so sorry for making another one... I asked my MW yesterday when I should start taking it, and her answer was "Oooh I wouldn't start until at LEAST 36 weeks, we don't want any premature labour!".

From what I've hear there's absolutely no way it could bring on preterm labour? And the best time was 34 weeks? I asked her so I'd have the medical "OK" on it, but now I feel like if I start taking it at 34 weeks I'll be going against medical advice and would feel awful if something kicked off early. On the other hand I really want it to be in my system and do its work before the big day.

What would you girls do, go by the MW advice or from what info I've got from the net? I'm not at any risk of preterm labour otherwise (knock on wood) and DD was a week overdue so I'm sure if I started at 36 weeks I'd have a fair few weeks of it still, but it's sitting in my cupboard and tbh I really want to see what it's like! :D

I kept reading not to take it in early pregnancy, and i found online said 36 weeks - so this is when i started. It doesnt bring on labour though apparently just strengthens uterus up.

But there is a girl Genna - who has drunk it her entire pregnancy, so im unsure, but still didnt want to start it early incase. hth

sorry couldnt be any help hun didnt wanna read n run!

sara

xxxxx

Thanks hun, if you've read 36 weeks as well then maybe she does know what she's talking about! I think it's fairly unlikely I'll go much before my due date, so hopefully it will do its work - Tempted to have one sneaky one about 34 weeks just to see what it tastes like. I suppose it probably won't do a whole lot before 36 weeks anyway which is maybe why they suggest it, it could work out quite expensive to drink a whole lot more beforehand.

I started it at 34 weeks, only because I knew I was being induced at 38. The advise was 36 weeks.. they are just not sure what benefit it does so they err on the side of caution

Well I started taking it at 34 weeks and I'm now 36 weeks and nothing happened yet lol. But I'm ready if anything was to hehe.

I was told 36 too. My SIL started it a couple of weeks sooner and had her baby at 37 weeks. It is all a bit conflicting though isn't it?

As for the taste, I don't think you're missing much, personally I think its nasty!

It's put my mind at rest a lot that 36 weeks seems to be the standard advice, it's probably safe to take earlier but I'd feel really awful if I started it early and LO was born prematurely even if it's unlikely the RLT was the thing to do it.

I'll probably try it now and won't be able to stomach it after getting all excited about it :D

It's not the best taste lol so i add a sweetener into it. But i can stomach it if it's going to make my uterus muscles stronger lol!

I have been taking it since about 37wks, and I am overdue god dammit lol

i felt the same as you, i started with one cup every other day at 35 weeks then at 36 i had one a day and then it was 2 cups a day for week 37 and so on, i am on 3 cups now, but i wanted 4 cups a day but just cant manage it as i am getting things ready for my little girl and time rushes by and i never make it to 4 cups,lol.

my mw told me 36w too, i'm going to be taking the capsules though xx

I actually went to buy some today and the lady said we aren't allowed to sell it until your 36 weeks...I'm obv past that, but I'd go by 36 weeks hun xx

I've been taking it since 31 weeks. The advice on the net seems to say 32 weeks is when to start, though.

I'm now almost 36 weeks and am on 3 cups a day. Will be up to 4 at 37 weeks.

:shrug: It doesn't bring on preterm labour. It just tones the uterus.

I actually went to buy some today and the lady said we aren't allowed to sell it until your 36 weeks...I'm obv past that, but I'd go by 36 weeks hun xx

Wow, that surprises me that some places won't sell it until 36 weeks! I guess they have to be so careful these days. I think I bought mine when I was about 28 weeks, and the lady told me she wasn't allowed to give medical advice on when to start and that I should ask my midwife. I was just worried that it wouldn't have time to take affect if I left it so late (though knowing my luck she'll be a full 2 weeks late!) but it must work quite quickly if most take it at 36 weeks :)

From what I read and from advice from naturopath you can start with one cup of tea a day from 32 weeks, then 2 cups from 34 weeks, and at 36 weeks can have between 2 - 4 cups a day. That is the tea though, the tablets have their own advisory on them on how much to take

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->