Another sweep (update)

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
i called the hospital today (dont have midwife) and asked the antenatal clinic to see me today - which they agreed. hoping for another sweep - had one last week to no avail, but cervix was thick and posterior. hoping they will tell me things are a little different this week and hopefully a sweep could bring on labour- really want to go by myself, want a water birth and my friday induction is fast approaching.

fingers crossed - i will be so upset if nothing has happened and my body is not trying to go into labout:cry:. so excited about the appt but scared at the same time. wish me luck - really need labour dust my way -

am i right in thinking you can have a second sweep after 48hrs if this one doesnt work - i must ask, maybe they will see me again on wed if nothing happens. that gives me two more chances before the friday dday!!! ARHH

am back and more confused than ever- saw a different midwife who did an internal and said cervix still long, but now soft but couldnt do a sweep as entrance closed????? (but i had one last week??) and then wrote in my notes 1cm dilated. dont know what that means but think i need to deal with the fact i am not going to pop by myself, how pants - feeling very sorry for myself so just spend £40 on a pair of PJ's to chear myself up.

i really hope it works for you babe!!!!

Ohh good luck I hope it comes soon for you.

ps what exactly is a sweep ? i heard stuff about that and my bf said he wouldnt be to happy if a male doc done that on me. is it what i think it is?

its where the midwife trys to break the membrane between the cervix and the sack. they simply put thier finger into your cervix and make a circular movement around - this helps to release the hormone that naturally causes the cervix to dilate. its just a helping hand to get the natural hormones moving. the best way i would describe it is like a smear. you cover yourself in much the same way - lay with you legs in the same position and whop its done. a little uncomfy but nothing major - literally as embarrasing as a smear test.
i would mind male or female to be fair - they dont look and its not glamerous - my hubby was with me for the last one - so he could always be there with you

its where the midwife trys to break the membrane between the cervix and the sack. they simply put thier finger into your cervix and make a circular movement around - this helps to release the hormone that naturally causes the cervix to dilate. its just a helping hand to get the natural hormones moving. the best way i would describe it is like a smear. you cover yourself in much the same way - lay with you legs in the same position and whop its done. a little uncomfy but nothing major - literally as embarrasing as a smear test.
i would mind male or female to be fair - they dont look and its not glamerous - my hubby was with me for the last one - so he could always be there with you

ahhh it was what i was thinking then. he just said he would be annoyed if a male where to do that on me. God I dont know how he will cope with the labor if there is a male doc there :rofl: never had a smear test you get them when your 25 here and wasnt called for one yet despite being over 25. They didnt see a prob with it when i told mid wife she just said i need them every 6 months after birth. Thanks for letting me know though.

would sex not work in the same way as i heard it can bring on labor?

Good luck hun, hope things start happening soon for you.
xx

Good luck gettin your baby evicted :) We share the same (over)due date so you have my total sympathies. I'm having a sweep tomorrow and then if nothing I have to wait till sunday :hissy:

Hope things go well for you!! :) :hug:

Good luck hon and hope things get moving for you soon x x

i had one sweep that didnt work and i went 12 days over and had to be induced even tho everything was "perfect" to start by itself but just wasnt. i wanted a water birth too but didnt get mine hope u get urs :)

good luck

Fingers crossed for you honey, really hope the sweep kicks you into action!

That sucks hun! Get your OH busy lol!!!

Dont be sad - things could still happen hun. x

although u might not get birth u want u will be fine :)

chin up atleast u will have a date u will get to meet ur baby :)

Aw,I hope thing's start happening for you soon.

:dust:

ahh bless you i would off asked to a differnt midwife , maybe she did not no how to do them :hugs: hope you start on your own soon you never no

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->