Another thread about weight gain

m_t_rose

Mommy of Jacob and Julia
Reaction score
Does anyone know the weeks you are supposed to gain the most or gain the fastest. Up until week 20 I didn't really gain anything then week 21 hits and I gain 3 lbs and week 22 I gained another 2lbs. I haven't changed my eating or exercising habits at all. will my sudden weight gain taper off at all or am I going to be the size of a small whale if I don't change what I am doing?

I think ( and correct me if I am wrong) that it is normal to gain a pound a week in third tri?

Pfft! I gained 20 pounds in my first 20 weeks!

You want to see whale? I'll send you a pic of me in week 39!

I've gained 22 pounds so far - almost 20 weeks in! I say "pfffft" too! :)

Happened to me too this week :hissy: 5lb in two weeks!!!!!

I don't want to know! Haven't stepped on a scale since about 15 weeks. Got enough of a shock then that I've taken the battery out of the scale and am blissfully ignorant. Midwife/doc can tell me if there's a problem.

I'm at 15lbs up at 25 weeks... my midwife didn't say anything Tuesday which I'm hoping is a good sign! I'd hoped to gain a little less, but honestly my diet is very good overall and I haven't seemed to gain any weight other than my (ginormous) stomach. I'm ok with it... mostly.

I gained 7 lbs between my week 19 and 23 visits. I freaked out, but my doctor wasn't concerned. I'm about to go in for my 27th week checkup and I haven't gained anything. So don't worry, sometimes you just go through a growth spurt.

Yeah, some weeks I've gained more then slowed back down.

You're meant to gain the most between weeks 24 and 32. That is when the baby really packs on his/her weight too.

But it depends how you've been gaining. I gained 8kg by week 24, so I haven't noticed much of an increase now. But if you didn't gain much up to that point, then you can expect a more rapid gain.

in my books and m/w seid from 24wks u put on 1/2 to 1lb a wk up to 36wks but from 0-24wks u should of put on 10-16lbs but can differ in every woman

I was a little concerned about this too.
I am 19 weeks and so far have gained 8lbs. But 3-4lbs of that was gained since last week.
I could do up my workl trousers last week and when I came to put them on this week I can't. Can only get the zip up, not the button??
I thought 8lbs gain was too soon my stage? Have an appt with the midwfire next week so can ask then but I am always heavier on the docs scales than anyone elses so I am dreading it....

I find that it goes in fits and spurts for me too. I gained nothing until week 16, then started gaining. So overall at week 25+4, I am 11 lbs up on my original weight.

However, the funniest thing happened. I weighed myself on Monday, as I usually do, and I was only up by 9lbs. Then I weighed myself yesterday am, and I am up 11lbs (I weigh myself the morning of midwife appts). I double checked today and I am indeed up by those extra 2 lbs - so 2lbs in just a couple of days!!! My husband also noted on Tuesday evening that my bump seemed to get bigger at the end of the day - I originally laughed and told him it must be gas, but I guess I did grow! Truth be told, I've been exhausted and the baby hasn't been moving as much - what I usually notice are signs of growth spurts.

I guess a growth spurt for her = one for me too these days!!!

:)
A

For those worrying about weight gain i heard a comforting story today...
I saw a friend i haven't seen in a while - she's always been very thin, looks like a model - gorgeous! When she was pregnant last year she gained a bump and nothing else - just looked amazing. I saw her for the first time yesterday since she had the baby 6 months ago and she's back to being super thin and gorgeous. So, as i'm trying to suck in some of the rolls i seem to have gained recently i said "so, you've lost all your weight then" and she told me that despite her little bump she actually gained 3 and a half stones through her pregnancy :shock:. She was saying she was worried about it too but just goes to show - everyone is different and what the books tell you are a load of rubbish!
I've gained over a stone so far by the way, which is more than i should have done according to all the books, but i've decided after hearing this i'm just going to stop worrying about it now! there's enough to worry about in pregnancy without worrying about weight gain too i say!!

I was working really hard to not gain much with this pregnancy... eating very healthy and all.. and I saw my weight shoot up 5 lb in 2 weeks... so now... I am not looking at the scale... not at all... so I don't know what I have gained to this point..... probably more than I should have...

I know that I am retaining water which makes my weight fluctuate ... swelling in feet and lower legs.. My body does this with every pregnancy.. so... I quit... I quit looking... I actually close my eyes at the dr. too... my blood pressure is good.. my urine is good... and if the docs have a problem I am sure they will tell me... I just don't want to know... Ignorance is bliss approach I guess... :lol:

with one of my pregnancies the doc had told me I was carrying 15lb of water weight.. nice....

This might help to give you a rough idea......

https://baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html

I'm 17/18 weeks now and have gained 6 pounds. My midwife says 5-10 pounds is normal by this stage so I'm average. I've been eating like a pig though so I expected more!
My first pregnancy I put on 3.5 stone and I was overweight before getting pg! This time I'd lost a lot of weight before ttc and was a healthy bmi when I conceived.
I hope to gain no more than 2 stone this time.

I'm loving being pregnant. For the first time in years I'm not thinking about dieting and actually thinking about what I want and how it will help my baby. Everything else seems irrelevant!!

(I know the thread wasn't about this, but after having lots of problems with my eating I thought I'd share!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->