Another weight gain question, sorry!

MrsVenn

Reaction score
I need some advice or reassurance really about my weight gain so far.

When I got my BFP, I was 9,12. I then had food poisoning and dropped to 9,7. Since then over the last 6 weeks, I have been eating like a horse (well in comparison to what I used to eat!) as I have just been hungry constantly.

My diet before pregnancy was coffee for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and then a dinner. I didn't snack and when I did it was usually savoury stuff.

Since becoming pregnant I have needed breakfast (usually toast), a hot lunch and a dinner plus snacking on fruit throughout the day. I drink only water.

My weight yesterday was 10,3. So technically, if I go from my weight when I got my BFP, I've already gained like 5lbs. But I'm not quite sure how I can slow this down, it seems a bit quick and a bit much so early on.

I don't eat dairy and I have an aversion to anything sweet unless it's fresh fruit so can't cut that out, what else is there?! I just don't want a lecture from my midwife that I'm gaining too quickly especially as over the past 3 years, I've actually lost 3 stone so I don't want to feel bad for gaining.

What have the rest of you done?

I had put on like 6 lbs when I weighted myself last week, and this morning I gave in and have lost 3 of the 6 put on??? Weird! I think crypto has the right idea, forget the scales for the next few months!

I haven't weighted myself... but I think I haven't gain much. Although I am snacking some fruit and crackers in the middle of the day, and sometime also some crackers in the middle of the night.. mostly I don't have much appetite and although sometime I feel very hungry, I also get full after few bites.

Ok I'll try not to worry about it, I just want to enjoy the pregnancy and not worry about the weight, I'll sort it out afterwards.

I just don't need someone making me feel awful for enjoying myself if you know what I mean. One of my friends got lectured at 20 weeks and she then hated her last 20 weeks as she was scared to eat anything incase she put on too much.

Try not to panic a lot of the weight gain at this stage is water retention! I'm
bloated as hell! And the constipation isn't helping! Have put on 10lb already! Told midwife and she did nit bat an eyelid!! X

Try not to panic a lot of the weight gain at this stage is water retention! I'm
bloated as hell! And the constipation isn't helping! Have put on 10lb already! Told midwife and she did nit bat an eyelid!! X

Thanks hun, that makes me feel better. Hopefully mine will be nice like yours. xxx

i put on a lot towards the end of 1st tri... even when i had terrible MS... i have nearly gained 3stone... but trust me it will even its self out a lot of it could be water retention aswell... i have put most of my weight on 1st and 3rd tri, it seemed to stay roughly the same in second tri and i was eating complete rubbish, if you are worried tho, speak to your MW x

google pregnancy weight gain and you can get some graphs... for my weight I know I should be looking to about 25-30lb in total, about 5 of that in firt tri

about 5lb is average int he first tri so I wouldnt worry. I had put on 9lb by the end of my first tri with my son but have actually lost 5lb this time. Just try to eat as sensibly as you can (which it sounds like you are doing!) and dont worry.

You know, I dont think my midwife weighed me once through my last pregnancy!

My weight fluxuates depending upon many factors...time of day....MS level...constipation level...and the stuborness of the scale :haha: I am not going to worry about it. I am a very skinny lady and gained nearly 65lbs with my daughter 7 years ago. Now with Twins, I am guessing (I should only gain abou 35-40), but will probably be closer to 50lbs by the time I'm done.

I havent weighed myself since BFP, and dont intend too either. I know I have gained, but I really dont want to know how much. (I will know on Monday at my booking in appointment) Im not worrying about it either, im just eating what i like and exercising daily to try and reduce the weight gain. I have cravings for sweet things (cakes sweets etc).

Try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy. You can always sort out the dieting afterwards.

Thanks everyone! Yeah it was never something I thought about worrying about, I was always going to enjoy this. But then as I've seen it go up I've started to panic. But thank you though for sharing your amounts, it makes me feel much better!

I have declared the bathroom scales a no go zone!

hear hear!!!!!!!!!!! I was at midwife on tuesday n told her i didnt want to know my weight n didnt want grief if i was heavier than i should be, she told me to relax about weight gain! Enjoy being pregnant!!!!! You'll lose it in no time running around after a baby!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->