another wool question lol

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
if you ahve your baby in wool at night what other clothes do you put them in, and do you put a blanket over them? my house is very cold at night so if i was to put leyla in a soakeror shorties id prob put her in a long sleeved teeshirt then her fleece sleepsuit over the top and then her big thick blanket, i normally have her in a long sleeved vest, jamas, then fleece sleepsuit, then blanket, and even then she sometimes wakes up cold, if i put her in longies i would only be able to put one teeshirt on her, no vest and would feel a bit worried she would be too cold in the night, i could maybe put some arm warmers on underneath her sleeves and then the blanket over the rest of her

im just curious as to what you put your baby in cos it is stressing me out trying to come up with a solution lol

x

Freya wears wool shorties, cotton sleepsuit with fleece blanket folded into quarters and a baby duvet (only got that last week!). The Disana shorties go up to her armpits, lol, if she wasn't wearing them she would have a vest on instead.

I don't think they make them that hot as they are very breathable, I'm not sure what to suggest for you.

We co-sleep and our house is warm so he just wears his shorties and a T shirt/PJ top.
In your case Id probably go with longies and flannel PJ top (warmer) possibly with a long sleeve Tshirt underneath and the blanket

hmm see the ones ive made are pretty thick, i use dk wool so it comes out quite chunky cos obv i wanted them to be warmer, i gues im just gna have to try it out one day and see if it works lol

x

We have woollybottoms footies which are longies with little feet on, they are lovely and warm and obviously cover the feet too, when Freya wears them overnight she has a t shirt and long sleeved top on as well. I don't use them as much right now as I feel she is warmer and better covered with a sleepsuit on.

hmm yeh cos leyla always wriggles out of the blanket and i wake up about 12 times a night to put the blanket back on her so she doesnt get cold lol

Daisy goes overnight in her disana woolies, a vest (usually long sleeved but if they are all in the wash just a short one, a sleep suit (thin cotton) or PJ's (flannel) and a 2.5 tog grobag :) she always has cold hands and our house gets fairly cold on a night but she seems to stay warm enough in that.....i have thought about using a fleece sleep suit on a nighttime but i'm scared she'll overheat ..... :S

Yeah same here I would rather she woke up from being a bit cold than get too hot, lol, it scares me.

how do you have her in a vest? fastened over the woolies? doesnt it wick terrible?

x

yeah i fasten it over the woolies...i thought it might wick but tried it to see and it was all good :) never ever have any leaks :)

i was wondering about wicking too. i like to put leyla in a vest, then her PJs over the top. i don't suppose wool pants are much warmer than having a non-breathable PUL wrap though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->