another woven wrap question

cheese lover

Happy mom of 1
Reaction score
I have a stretchy wrap and we both love it but I know I'll need a woven wrap eventually and the stretchy wrap is becoming too warm. I was wondering about buying something like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/543452...ton&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Is it a good option?

The one you linked is basically a SPOC (simple piece of cloth), so it has the advantage of being cheap but it won't be as supportive or comfortable as a GSW (german-style woven wrap), which are woven differently. If budget is an issue then perhaps have a look for second hand wraps. Hoppediz, Storchenwiege and Miel et Malice are all good wraps that tend to go quite cheaply, Ellevill have a selection of reduced wraps and Didymos have a specials page with some bargains.

Thanks! Are GypsyMama wraps a SPOC type too then? and what about rebozos?
Looks like I'll have to convince DH that we need a GSW. He doesn't like spending money :haha:

That's not a true woven wrap. That is just a SPOC. Cheap yes, can be comfy, but doesn't hold up like a real woven wrap. A real woven wrap (mainly come from Europe - Germany, Norway, Belgium) is woven on a loom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->