Another year of WTT over still no end in sight. sigh.

dreamer83

Reaction score
Another year of dreaming has gone by and still no progress on getting husband to agree to join me in this dream. The original dream was to have my first child before I was 30 - oh well. Next dream was to be pregnant during my 30th year - erm rapidly running out of time for this one! The dream I am working on next is slightly more flexible - some time before I am 35!!!! Sometimes I wonder just who I annoyed in a previous life to be dealing with the cards I have been dealt in this one. I don't see how I could have done things differently! I studied hard, I fell in love, I got married in my early 20's, we got a house, we both work hard but he wants to delay having children. The man knows I have fertility issues. He knows I have PCOS and that I can go for months between periods. He has been to the hospital with me he knows that IVF is the only real way forward and still he refuses to make a decision - we are still too young apparently (we're nearly 31!). I have done everything the hospital told me to do to prepare for fertility treatment with tablets and then IVF in the hope hubby would see i am serious about this. I had to get my BMI below 30 - it is now 24. Unfortunately he declined to help me with the 'have sex every other day for 6 months' step!

The worst part is the delusional side of things. For various reasons we have a very very low sex relationship but that does not stop me from dreaming. For example my period is now nearly two months late. I know it is just PCOS but some stupid part of my brain is saying - there's a baby in there! It is a physical impossibility but the idiotic hope is there each long cycle.

Oh and please don't say just divorce him and move on! Apart from the baby and sex issues everything is pretty great between us. He just refuses to communicate about these important issues. I just don't know what to do. It does not feel healthy to be harboring dreams like this anymore. I have been through hours of counselling and I am about to start on more indepth psychotherapy. It doesn't help the pain and anger I feel when I see babies and pregnant women. The unfairness of it all is just breathtaking. If I knew 100% that I could not have a baby I think I could cope with it and move on. It is more the fact I have never even been allowed to 'try' to get pregnant that is destroying me. Even with PCOS my internal clock is frantically ringing and has made me stupidly broody for the last year or so. Something else that men just don't understand!

Also my newly married younger sister is planning on TTC later this year - I don't think I am strong enough to wish her well.

So sorry your feeling like this :-(

Does he have a date you can start baby plans in mind?

It sounds like you have done well getting your bmi down, well done.

I think at some point you need to have a talk with him about when babies will be on the cards. Perhaps he is worried about the changes a baby brings, as some guys are. Or have cold feet dud to overthinking the situation.

You need to get to the root of what could be holding him back. So you need open lines of communication on this issue.

Good luck

I'm sure we can't offer advice you hadn't tried. He is probably afraid, afraid to face up to growing up, to potential fertility issues, to being a parent. Try talking with him about what he would need to happen to feel ready to ttc, does he have an age in mind, tell him you need clear boundaries on when to expect but try to make it about both you, not just you.How things work out ok.xxx

:hugs: That is tough. I am sorry you are going through this.

I'm not sure anything I say will help but I was in your shoes not too very long ago. I had been with my husband for nearly a decade, we had the house, the dog, life was good but I desperately wanted a baby. My husband would give me every excuse in the book: we are too young (he was pushing 36!), we haven't traveled enough, he's too far from home, our kids won't be able to see his parents regularly because they live to far away, etc. etc. I had all but given up on it when out of the blue my husband changed dramatically and told me he wanted to have kids with me. The reason for the change: he had received a promotion at work and his salary had increased. Often men are very practical human beings who feel they must provide on some primitive level. At least in my husbands case I think he was worried about not being able to provide.

I'm not saying that is the case with your husband but there may be some simple reason why he is holding back. Did he say he wanted kids prior to the two of you getting married? Is he scared of becoming a parent? For some it can be a giant leap into the unknown. I hope things look up for you soon :hugs:

Thanks for the replies. I know all of his excuses but I cannot see anything getting better inthe mean time. Oh well I just have to hope that he finally gets 'broody' in the near future. Maybe my sisters eventual baby will be helpful in making him want one - neither of us have ever known anyone with a baby!

:hugs: That is tough. I am sorry you are going through this.

I'm not sure anything I say will help but I was in your shoes not too very long ago. I had been with my husband for nearly a decade, we had the house, the dog, life was good but I desperately wanted a baby. My husband would give me every excuse in the book: we are too young (he was pushing 36!), we haven't traveled enough, he's too far from home, our kids won't be able to see his parents regularly because they live to far away, etc. etc. I had all but given up on it when out of the blue my husband changed dramatically and told me he wanted to have kids with me. The reason for the change: he had received a promotion at work and his salary had increased. Often men are very practical human beings who feel they must provide on some primitive level. At least in my husbands case I think he was worried about not being able to provide.

I'm not saying that is the case with your husband but there may be some simple reason why he is holding back. Did he say he wanted kids prior to the two of you getting married? Is he scared of becoming a parent? For some it can be a giant leap into the unknown. I hope things look up for you soon :hugs:

I agree with this my OH only felt comfortable setting a date once we were financially secure, they are definitely more sensible in that respect which is a positive thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->