anovulatory cycles question

MrsH628

Reaction score
What are your experiences with anovulatory cycles, as far as lengths? I'm fairly certain my last two cycles have been anovulatory, as my temps didn't show a sustained rise (fairly new to temping). However, my last 3 cycles have been 40 days exactly. Can they be regular but anovulatory?

What are your experiences with anovulatory cycles, as far as lengths? I'm fairly certain my last two cycles have been anovulatory, as my temps didn't show a sustained rise (fairly new to temping). However, my last 3 cycles have been 40 days exactly. Can they be regular but anovulatory?

Typically, anovulatory cycles do not have a period that accompanies them, so if you are having periods then you are most likely ovulating.

For example, my anovulatory cycle lasted 6 months.

Any thoughts about no temp rise? I'm pretty new to it, but fairly certain I'm doing it right: same time every day, no moving around before, etc. It seems like everything I read says without a thermal shift, o hasnt occurred.it makes me so nervous/ frustrated!

Do you have your chart so I could look at it? Or any previous charts with no O suspected?

You can totally have 40 day anovulatory cycles.

I have them allllllllll the time. If you're not getting a temp rise you're probably not ovulating. Keep temping though, you could just be ovulating really late or having short luteal phases. They have meds for that.

Hmm yeah, it doesnt look like you have yet with this cycle. BUT, you do have some EWCM which could mean O is on it's way. I'd be interested in seeing you chart looks 3-4 days from now. O:

I dont know if it helps but here is my charts from my anovulatory "cycles". I say cycles because I was given provera in the middle to force a period. But since it wasnt a natural one, I consider them both one, big cycle.
https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/noo1.png
https://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/kai1985/noo2.png

Also, I will say reason I stopped ovulating was because I had untreated PCOS. I was diagnosed shortly after this and was put on metformin and eventually ovulation medication. And I did get pregnant but it was ectopic. (Also, i should mention, with that pregnancy. I didnt get a temp shift. I thought I still hadnt ovulated yet but there I was, 2.5 weeks pregnant.)

Anyway, how long have you been TTC? If you are having a hard time pinpointing O or suspect you are anovulatory, then maybe a visit to a Reproductive Endocrinologist is in order. That is who I see now and they helped me get pregnant. They'll be much more helpful with that then an OBGYN would be.

Thanks for your insight! We've only been ttc for 3 cycles, but it seems like forever. I had some mid cycle spotting so I was sure this time I O'd, but then I didn't see a temp rise so I was so confused! I'm still getting EWCM, so maybe my body is still trying?
I've had my hormone levels checked, all normal and the dr doesn't suspect PCOS. I hate to rush into meds, but I also hate feeling so frustrated all the time. Bee- did you wait long to see an RE, I feel like I would get better answers there than with my OB.

Thanks for your insight! We've only been ttc for 3 cycles, but it seems like forever. I had some mid cycle spotting so I was sure this time I O'd, but then I didn't see a temp rise so I was so confused! I'm still getting EWCM, so maybe my body is still trying?
I've had my hormone levels checked, all normal and the dr doesn't suspect PCOS. I hate to rush into meds, but I also hate feeling so frustrated all the time. Bee- did you wait long to see an RE, I feel like I would get better answers there than with my OB.

Only like 8 months, since I had the 6 months of no period, I sort of got in early for special circumstances. They typically say you have to wait a year before seeing an RE. But, if you suspect you aren't Oing then you might be able to get in sooner. Couldnt hurt to call on in your area and see if they'll see you. Yes, REs are def more equipped to help than an OB. Actually, my OB tested me for PCOS and told me flat out I didn't have it. But my RE looked at the same results and knew that I did. I actually think my OB lied to me so I wouldn't be upset because once I saw the results myself, it was fairly obvious I had PCOS :/

I have one recorded anovulatory cycle and it was 26 days long. I did get AF after it. I was charting and never saw a temp rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->