Answers to why I'm two weeks late (bfn) & went to walk in!

88stone

Reaction score
I finally went to the walk in (I'm on day 46 and my cycles are usually 32/33). All my tests were BFN. He explained that my body is most likely trying to ovulate again due to trying to get used to my body without BC (was on it since before I was 18). He also explained the home tests are super accurate and rarely wrong (the ones at the doctors sucks he says). He made sure I was taking my folic acid and sent me on my merry way. I'm sad I'm not pregnant but happy he didn't believe it was serious

This happened to me once. I ended up ovulating two weeks later than normal that cycle. I was convinced I was pregnant. And if I wasn't that something was wrong with me. There are only a few reasons for a negative test:

1 you aren't pregnant (af will arrive shortly or you have not ovulated yet)
2 you're pregnant but you are taking the test too soon (not enough dpo)
3 you're pregnant but the test is faulty
4 you're pregnant but the test is taken incorrectly

I hope for you the case is simply reason number 2. A bfp would be excellent! But if like you dr suspects it happens to be that you simply haven't ovulated yet then you still aren't out for this cycle. When in doubt I always think it's best to still assume you are fertile so you don't miss a shot at the egg. I think it's better to try and be wrong/not conceive than not try and possibly miss your chance.

Best of luck to you! I'd love to hear an update in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->