Ante natal classes

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
I'm 27 weeks and don't have any booked. I've been through the info I have and can't find anything about how to book them.

Is it too late? DH really wants to go to them to help him know what to expect.

My next midwife appointment is next week and I've not had one since December!

The community midwifes book you in for them here ans usually do that when you're about 32 weeks so you should be ok.
xx

i booked mine a week ago, when I was 31 weeks.
ask your mw at your next app x

I asked at my 25 week appointment and she said that in our area they run from when you are 28 weeks and you don't need to book. I suppose it's different in each area though

Hey

I would ask the midwife at your next appointment, as i waited stupidly thinking that i would receive a letter with details about these classes and never did. i dont know what its like in other areas but seems to me that unless you ask about things like this no body tells you anything. perhaps try asking at your sure start centre about this, in my area the community midwives are there every tues, if you know what day they are available at your local sure start centre you would be able to speak to a midwife before your booked appointment??

Zoe x

I was worried about this as well as I have just moved to a new area at 30 weeks but my new midwife gave me a list of dates and a number to call to book parentcraft classes to start in 2 weeks time and they had room for me although they said my partner may not be able to sit in as they are usually very full.

I booked mine through my hospital website. They had all the dates and venues available on the site and I just booked on to the one that we could do. Its parentcraft we're doing which is NHS and free but you can also pay for NCT ones. My midwife also offered 1:1 sessions if we couldn't get onto any other classes but I would like to meet other parents-to-be in my area..

Hope you're doing well Mrs-C! :thumbup:

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"