Antenatal Classes are all fully booked

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by LouiseClare, Apr 16, 2009.

1. LouiseClare

LouiseClare Well-Known Member

Morning Ladies

I've just tried booking some antenatal classes at my hospital but they are fully booked. The lady I spoke to said my midwife should of told me to book these at 20 weeks (my midwife hasn't even mentioned anything about antenatal classes) I'm not really sure what to do now. I didn't really want to have to pay for them. Is anyone else having this problem?

Louise

2. madhatter

madhatter Expecting No 1 3rd tri

Oh crap! I didn't know this either. I was waiting to have a letter or something but just started thinking hm... its getting on now. I have my midwife on Monday so I will ask her then. Sorry I can't help but think I might be in the same boat as you!

3. BumbleBump

BumbleBump Mummy to 3 girlies!

Oh no :( I'm not going to antenatal classes this time round, I didn't find them very useful for my first and to be honest I've learnt a lot more from BnB than I did at any of the classes! The only advice I can think of is to ring your MW and tell her that you weren't told you should book them early, and what she suggests - it's her fault really and you shouldn't have to suffer (or pay!) because of it. Hope you get something sorted out :hugs:

4. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

hey hun sorry you didnt get told you needed to book..have you asked if there are any other classes that run maybe just ouside your area that you can fit in rather than missing out? i was advised to book mine before 20 weeks as they get booked so quick - i rang them when i was about 9-10 weeks and i got the last place - how rediculous!!! hope you get sorted :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

5. lisac25

lisac25 mum to 2 beautiful girls♥

my midwife hasnt mentioned anything about antenatal classes to me either, but i didnt bother with them first time round any way. why dont u phone the hospital up and ask them to let u know if they have any canncellations, people always change their minds and somebody might not turn up???? just a suggestion x