Antenatal Classes?!

missbliss22

Reaction score
Hi all,
I hope you are all feeling good!
Just wondered if you have all sorted out the above and if you will be going etc?
I am 25 weeks and haven't done this yet :blush: so will get onto it today, do you just call your birth hospital about this?
Are any of you doing the NCT classes or just the NHS ones?!
Thank you v much in advance!
x

When I went of 25 week m/w appointment she informed us of the next date of antenatal class and where it is etc.

They are running at a sure start centre near us.

It will be our first class on 7th Feb and I will be 28+4 then. I think they run every 2 weeks or so after the initial class for 4 sessions in total.

x

I was told that even tho I've booked the NHS ones, I've only got a 50% chance of actually getting on one.:dohh:
So, as this is my first, I thought I'd book the NCT ones too, which I just have. They seem pretty good, from what others have said, you meet lots of others at the same stage as you too. Mine are in April as I'm due mid June

I see you are in kent too, I'm surprised your MW hasn't asked you about it yet? But you may be too late to get on the NHS ones? might be worth checking.

You never know I might see you there! :winkwink::flower:

Our NHS ones start when I am 35 weeks pregnant, so the last one I will be 39 weeks! They are two hours long each - because of this I've paid £275 to do an NCT weekend course with hubbie, it's supposed to be a lot better and you get to spend more time with people from your local area. There is also a breastfeeding session the week after just for the mums and it's April 30/May 1 and I'm due June 4, so that's better than the last minute NHS ones!

I plan on going to both the NHS and NCT ones. I have booked the NCT ones but won't be booking myself on the NHS ones until my 20 week scan on 14 March.

Just wondering if your all goiing with your partners or if there is anyone attending on there own?

They have offered me the classes to take OH along but i think id feel ore comfortable going to a womens only class by myself so there aint loads of men in there, anyone else feel the same?

Also anyone know what happens in these classes ect?

hey girls
I am looking into NHS ones this afternoon and seeing what is available if anything and if not then it will have to be the NCT ones, I am tempted to try to do the NCT just because they say you make lots of friends etc and they are meant to be more detailed just not sure if worth the money!
Squeaks - where abouts in Kent are you? I am Sidcup area but giving birth in Farnborough so am going to try there for nhs ones first!
I am hoping OH can come with, he wants to but he works late on Tues and Thurs and all day on Sats aswell as all week so finding time is hard!
X

I'm in Canterbury but going to Ashford for the big day. My nct classes are an hour everyday starting at 7.30 over a week, & cost about £100. Plus the £30 ish membership. Not sure where they are being held tho! Lol

Oh is keen to come with me as hes going to be the birth partner I'd like him to know what to expect. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->