Antenatal classes?

Mo_mo

Third tri!!!
Reaction score
I just had a thought....when am i supposed to start these? I havent been given any info on them at all.
Do any of you guys go or are they a waste of time?

I asked about these at my last midwife appointment as no one had told me about them either, only to be told that they are fully booked up!!! Nice!!! Can't afford NCT ones either, they are too expensive. x

Uhm think i did mine about 29 weeks ish... not sure wasnt long ago though :lol: so maybe it was later!! I just turned up to mine :shrug: Think you just have to ask your MW at your next appointment!!

Ask your midwife about any that are taking place soon. I had 3 classes in september so i was about 35weeks i think. I found them quite usefull..and its good to take your birthing partner too.

ive got my first proper one this sat (although had a physio one about 5 weeks ago). Not sure how much use they will be but am looking forward to it!

Nobody Mensioned Them To Me Until After They Had Started And Then It Was To Late To0 Book x

They're fully booked near me too :( Actually annoys me a little b/c I bet atleast a 1/4 of those people don't even turn up and I really wanted to go since it's my first and I don't really know that much about babies. Thank god my mum will be around to help me is all I can say :|

I loved mine.
I did the Birthlight ones there wasn't any NCT or hospital ones round here. It was 6 evenings for 2 hours and then a workshop on a Sat. I found it quite useful but much of what was talked about I had read in magazines of from the net but my OH found it very useful! I think he enjoyed it more than me.
The best thing was meeting other parents to be. I've made some really good friends from the group. I would definitely recommend going.

I did an NCT intensive course at 33 - 34 weeks (2 Saturdays each 6 hours). It was good, filled in a few gaps in my knowledge and it was nice meeting other mum-to-be's but I was by far the youngest (I'm 20) by about 12 years, lol. I'd definately reccommend going, it gives some peace of mind if nothing else - everyone is so worried and looking forward to being parents!

As I'm a student they gave me the maximum discount so I only had to pay £20. If you have a low income or have certain other circumstances they'll give you a discount too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->