Anterior placenta@29 weeks

daisydancer

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyone else in he same position as me is feeling? Some days I get a lot of definite hard kicks, then days like today I get a few muffled rolls and squirms. When I was measured last week the baby measured 2 weeks ahead-maybe they havent got as much room at this point? And baby is head down so I'm thinking the placenta is muffling a lot of kicks?
What is everyone elses like?

My baby used to kick alot.
Now she squirms alot and she likes to push her body parts out alot.

She's head down but still moves from left to right, I noticed when she's on the right side I don't feel her as much.. but the next day she'll usually be on the left again and I'll feel her movements as normal again.

Weird...when mine is kicking on the right side I hardly feel it at all either!

could be that your placenta is more on one side than the other!

I will be honest, I didn't even know I had an anterior placenta until I read my notes after a growth scan at 32wks!!

I've never had a problem feeling any movements - I feel very blessed.

You will notice as time progresses though that you will start feeling "kicks" less and more the wiggling movements as they run out of space - that is when you start to get "alien belly" and you can see all the bits sticking out as they move around lol.

But if you are worried about any lack of movement, or LO doesn't seem to be moving as much as usual then don't hesitate to contact your midwife or delivery suite for advice hun - it's best to be safe than sorry xxxx

im the same hun, i don feel many kicks theses days more rolls and movements. If baby is at top of m bump i dont feel it at all but sometime u can see my bump moving. Its sooo odd!
I have many quiet days but i think its where baby is at the top n i dont feel it

ive got an anterior placenta, the kicks werent as strong as i believe alot of other mums feel, but now im 35weeks and movement is very strong! x

I have an anterior placenta and i can feel kicks with my hand and see them from outside of my bump but a lot of them i cant feel from inside. My placenta covers a very large area too but i only found out just how much at a scan they performed because someone got my details wrong at 33 weeks.

So you ladies past 32 weeks with anterior placenta have you been advised to have a c section or a rescan later? Xx

So you ladies past 32 weeks with anterior placenta have you been advised to have a c section or a rescan later? Xx

What!
You don't get a c section cause you have an anterior placenta, an anterior placenta will stay anterior , so what do you mean rescan?

Ooh so sorry.. I reckon I've scared you unintentionally. Sorry Hun.
My placenta is anterior and I assumed that if it's anterior it covered part or all yr cervix.
I've gotta go back at 32 weeks to see if mine has moved away from the cervix via scan.
Xxx

Ooh so sorry.. I reckon I've scared you unintentionally. Sorry Hun.
My placenta is anterior and I assumed that if it's anterior it covered part or all yr cervix.
I've gotta go back at 32 weeks to see if mine has moved away from the cervix via scan.
Xxx

No you didn't scare me.
It doesn't mean that when you have an anterior placenta that it is also low lying!
I have an anterior placenta and it isn't low at all.
I hope yours has moved up! :thumbup:

Thanks! So I get it now yrs is anterior but not low lying!
Cool xxx

im the same hun, i don feel many kicks theses days more rolls and movements. If baby is at top of m bump i dont feel it at all but sometime u can see my bump moving. Its sooo odd!
I have many quiet days but i think its where baby is at the top n i dont feel it

This is how I am! I'm sure they said my placenta covers quite a large area, so really all I'm feeling is squirms down below my belly button, and sometimes a few well placed kicks on the left! Its only at night time when I get to lie down I'm like wow my belly is moving, and can see it, coz when I'm out and about all day I generally dont feel a lot. Plus I hd an abdominoplasty in 2007 so my nerves round my scar seem to be numb (cant feel if I get poked in one spot lol), and they pick up feeling in a different place sometimes! I know that sounds weird but it how the nerves healed lol!!!

I quite liked the huge kicks though...they were very reassuring.

I have an anterior placenta and I am 29 weeks today. I get an odd day where she must be going beserk and I can feel her kicking but other than that it is just squirms and rolling feelings as you described :)

This is my 4th baby though and I have to say that I don't remember feeling that much movement with them anyway. I am on the larger side so think that has something to with it!

As other ladies have said, if you are at all concerned just phone your midwife or the hospital and I am sure they will get you checked out. It's better to be safe than sorry xx

Thank hun, I also have put on a lot of weight this time (about 3.5 stones so far) and probably this, combined with my placenta, and weird nerves are making it more difficult for me to notice the movement, unless I lie down and actually look at my belly!

ha i like the big kick to much more reassuring but i think as long as i felt something then all is alright, today for example baby is laying to my right side woke up being kicked not hard but enough to make me feel it and i know ill feel reassured for rest of the day unlike quiet days when i sit proddin and poking little one tryin to make them move lol

Lol. well this morning I have a shoulder or something getting squished around near my bladder!! The quiet days make you worry though, dont they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->