Anterior placenta and movement

Hannah11

Reaction score
Hi I'm just poping over from 2nd tri to ask you ladies a movement question, hope I don't mind.

I am currently 23+5 weeks and have a high anterior placenta. I have been feeling kicks on and off since 18 weeks. Some days lots and some days just a few kicks. Over the last couple of weeks I think baby has got in to a bit of a pattern where it kicks first thing when I wake up, then mid morning, tea time and again when I go to bed. On good days I get over 10 kicks in each session. However, every few days movement slows down and I feel only 1 maybe 2 kicks per season spead out through the day. Does this count as reduced movement as it is not doing so many kicks or is it just that my placenta could be masking some of the movement. Is it still to early for me to be worrying to much as long as I can still feel something? Anyone who can shed any light on this I would be really greatfull.

didn't want to read and run, but I'm not sure. I have an anterior placenta as well and I feel movements inconsistently. I know that the placenta definitely cushions things bc at my last ultrasound the baby was moving all over the place and kicking like crazy but I wasn't feeling anything at all (and this was at 28 weeks). My OB told me not to count kicks tho, so I'm just keeping up with patterns and I feel pretty good as long as I feel something at various times of the day. Some days she is more quiet than others. If you are worried tho, I'd suggest calling your midwife or doctor.

It really does cushion the kicks it just depends on the way the baby is lying, they tend not to monitor movements till 28 weeks as they can be iffy anyway.
But if your worried give your MW a yell and see what they recommend :). Xx

Most doctors don't recommend kick counting until 28 weeks. Especially with an anterior placenta, kick counting really isn't reliable until then. Even then, it should be a variation from the normal moreso than a specific amount of kicks in a period of time. I think it took me even longer than that to have any sort of consistency, and I have a low anterior placenta. As said above, if you are really concerned, contact your doctor. I'd even just go ahead and ask him what he does or does not consider normal, so you know when to let him/her know you're concerned.

I have an anterior placenta and made myself mental from about 22 to 28 wks or so bc I would feel things sooo inconsistently. If I didn't have a heart beat monitor and friends who had had similar experiences , I'd probably have shown up at the hospital lol. Now at 32 weeks it's totally different, I feel strong movements all the time.

Thanks everyone. I'm trying not to drive my self crazy over it just yet!! Just really frustrating when I keep thinking that it has got in to a pattern and then it stops for a while!!

Off to MW this afternoon for 24 weeks check anyway so will talk to her x

I have a high anterior placenta and I have felt and still feel constant movement but mine is very high. I was told if mine wasnt so high I would not feel as much movement as those with a posterior placenta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->