Anterior placenta - any point in a doppler?

Mrs G

Lily and Tommy's mummy
Reaction score
Hi all

The midwife has so far failed to find baby's heartbeat and is putting it down to the fact I have an anterior placenta. Was considering buying a doppler but now wondering if there is any point?

Thanks
Kath xx

If you are prepared to not find a HB without worrying then I say go for it :D I have an anterior placenta and I always find HB straight away but it always takes my midwife a little while to pick it up :hugs: xxx

hello.
well i hav anterior placenta aswell. although my midwife found heartbeat at 12weeks. and i can hear babys heart beat on my doppler xx

Thanks hun.

Where abouts on your stomach do you listen? The midwife today was trying really really low down, I mean if I hadn't waxed it would've all been on show!! But when I was scanned to make sure all was ok, they were looking much higher up.

x

i have anterior placenta and i can usually find my baby in a few seconds. Just hearing the baby moving around is reassuring :) x

Try the top of your pubic bone and move slightly outwards in small circles (if that makes sense), its surprising how low you need to have it even in the later stages :hugs: xxx

I'm anterior too and I find hb really easy every day. Really strong too. I'm 23 weeks and my little mans has just moved up from really low to about 2 inches below left of my tummy button x

Thanks for all your replies girls. Was thinking there was no point, but might invest in one now.

xx

It's normal to have trouble finding it before 16 weeks. Your uterus is barely poking out of your pelvis right now so baby can hide really well. I wouldn't say it's pointless to buy a doppler though.. it may just take a bit before it's easy for anyone to find.

my midwife took ages finding babies heartbeat but i normally find it right away. i have an anterior placenta too. sometimes it does sound like a double heartbeat as i pick up baby and the placenta beating too. when you get your own doppler and use it all the time you will know where to look and how high or low to go. i would say for peice of mind to get one. i heard that even if you struggle to find heart beat if you at least pick up the pulsating sound the placenta makes that means baby is alive. not sure how accurate that is xx

I have an anterior placenta but the heartbeat has been easy to track on the midwifes doppler since 16+5.

I'd say hold off and spend the money on some perfume or summit!!

Nicola xx

I have an anterior and find it ok finding Hb on the sides xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"