Anterior Placenta & Fetal Movement

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I found out that my placenta is anterior,
which I've heard means you're less likely to feel movement/kicks as strong or as early,
but since 18w4d I've been feeling what I think is movement intermittently, like after eating or drinking something citrus-y or any juice, or just at a certain time in the morning.
It's not everyday, but its becoming more frequent, not by much, but enough for me to notice.

It feels like a poke from the inside, or a twitch, like I've heard movement described as so many times,

I've also felt it on my hand when I place it on my lower belly,
sometimes I'll feel it on my hand, but won't feel it inside, but when I do, it shocks me. Not because its a strong or anything, but its just something I've never experienced,

Hoping its finally movement :)

Anyone with an anterior placenta who'd like to share when they first felt fetal movement?

does it hurt i dont have a scan till the 31 but whenever the baby kicks it kinda hurts sometimes like a sharp pain...do u have that?

I've heard of people saying that before, but personally I've never experienced that.
I'm not the best person to give advice, but maybe its round ligament pain?

I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy, and didn't feel any definite movement until around 21 weeks.
Got it again this time. Felt movement a bit early - maybe 18 weeks - but it has become more regular in the last few days.

Sounds like you are feeling movements :dance:

I'm the same - movement still feels like twitching (or rolling sometimes) and quite often I can see my belly move but hardly feel it on the inside! They've definitely got stronger, even since I was 21/22 weeks but I still feel most movements lower down near pubic area or 'downwards' movements- like she's kicking my bladder, cervix and bum!

ETA : I felt my first flutter at 17+1 and then not much (and very intermitantly) until about 19/20 weeks.

Hi
Defo sounds like bubs to me!
I also have an anterior placenta and first felt movements around 18+5 so similar to you.

I have an anterior Placenta, i felt "moving" movements at the sides from week16 and proper kicks at week 19 and still now its not all day or always as strong depending where he's kicking but i feel em! :)

I felt first movement (twitching) at around 18 weeks then nothing for about a week. Now i feel it a lot, its been lots for about 2-3 weeks. I also can feel movement on the outside when i dont feel it from the inside if that makes sense? She was kicking my bum area a LOT in the cinema last night! Naughty baby! x

My first real movement was at around 19 weeks and it got stronger from then on. I was told that I would never feel them as strong as if I didnt have an anterior placenta but now I have a real wriggler in here and I cant believe that the kicks could be much stronger!

I have an anterior placenta and felt movements from 21 weeks (strong movements, Daddy felt him kick etc) xxx

I read my notes yesterday after my scan and it said I have a 'high anterior placenta'
I've felt kicks and movements from 16 weeks though and can feel kicks from outside my belly now.

hi, i'm the same, but felt movement early on 16wks, but its my second baby so new what i was feeling. with my DD i felt movement more on the outside to the front, The only difference is with this one is that i felt the baby alot lower down on the right side and hardly ever felt it across my middle, but i'm 24 wks now and i have very strong movement and can feel it in the middle. my midwife said that the plancenta should move up the bigger the womb gets. once you feel the movement your bodies not your own it makes it all more real lol. if you know wot i mean! i love it even the painful ones lol.

I have this to hun, meaning also may be likely to have a c section as the placenta is covering the top of your cervix :-( but i felt movement about 19weeks/20 weeks x

I have an anterior placenta and it didnt affect feeling baby at about the usual time - spoke to my midwife today about it affecting me feeling baby and she said its not strictly true that it stops you feeling movement.. xx

I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel anything until after 21 weeks. I don't really feel kicks at the front of my belly, more at the sides but I do feel a wriggling deep inside my belly at the front and the very bottom (like he's bouncing about on my rudey bits, lol). Like cocopops, I can feel some movements at the front of my belly with my hand that I don't actually feel in my tummy (if that makes sense). So, i think the only difference it's made to me is feeling movements later than some others and not feeling the stronger kicks at the front.

Anterior placenta won't mean you have to have a c-sect thats more if the placenta is lying low down on the uterus, covering the exit! LOL
My first pregnancy I had anterior placenta felt movement at 14 weeks it was later on when baby was too big to turn etc I didn't often feel him as his kicks were cushioned. But he was also back to back. I don't know if anterior placenta increases this chance not sure.
My second pregnancy I also had an anterior placenta and felt strong kicks at 17 weeks, and she continued to move about I had no trouble feeling her but she wasn't back to back come the end.
This pregnancy I don't know if anterior placenta or not as I forgot to ask at my 12 week scan and next one isn't until 31 dec. But I will be asking, as I've still not felt anything, not even butterflies. :cry: :cry:

I have this to hun, meaning also may be likely to have a c section as the placenta is covering the top of your cervix :-( but i felt movement about 19weeks/20 weeks x

Thankfully its not covering mine, its just within 2 cm of the os, and was diagnosed early, so hopefully will move up!
and hopefully so does yours! (if thats what you meant instead of anterior)

but thank god, I thought I was just imagining feeling movement haha.

Anterior placenta won't mean you have to have a c-sect thats more if the placenta is lying low down on the uterus, covering the exit! LOL
My first pregnancy I had anterior placenta felt movement at 14 weeks it was later on when baby was too big to turn etc I didn't often feel him as his kicks were cushioned. But he was also back to back. I don't know if anterior placenta increases this chance not sure.
My second pregnancy I also had an anterior placenta and felt strong kicks at 17 weeks, and she continued to move about I had no trouble feeling her but she wasn't back to back come the end.
This pregnancy I don't know if anterior placenta or not as I forgot to ask at my 12 week scan and next one isn't until 31 dec. But I will be asking, as I've still not felt anything, not even butterflies. :cry: :cry:

I'm sure you will, as they always say, every pregnancy is different :)

but, I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling is kicks or little punches, because I don't feel much else otherwise,

and like other posters said, I feel it towards the right side more so than in the middle,
and my doc never mentioned that it would affect feeling movement (or even that my placenta was anterior), the MA let that slip when she was answer a question of mine haha.

Will I still be able to see movement on the outside of my belly?
I think I just read that somewhere in the posts, but I scrolled by too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->