Anterior placenta gals- where do you feel kicks?

10thSept

Mummy to one
Reaction score
Hiya
Just a question out of curiosity (and, as always, to make sure everything is normal!!)

I have an anterior placenta and have started to feel the baby move - I think it's now more than flutters, actual bumps happening in there.
My question is about where I am feeling these - I never feel the kicks in my tummy at the front, rather I feel them near my bottom, near my spine and down in my....well, I don't know a nice word for it, but you know where I mean.

I figured this is because of my anterior placenta, but wanted to ask others if they have the same experience? And also, if anyone has seen the baby kick from the outside, or been able to let anyone feel it? With the location of my kicks, I'm a little concerned hubby will never be able to feel the baby kick!

I mainly feel kicks right up high now at the very top of my bump. Like you I don't feel any at the front. If I lay down (on either side) baby kick out to the sides as well.
xxx

Mainly on either side of my belly button and down low, inside my foo-foo, guess that depends on how baby is laying.

Not really had any that I could tell were up front, although I do get the odd 'thud' every now and then which I think is Peanut kicking the placenta.

Kicks only just starting to get stronger now... xx

When baby gets big enough you will feel kicks and rolls everywhere and sometimes they hurt, must really hurt without a big cushion infront!

My placenta is anterior, but the first kicks I felt were way off the right side and low down. It wasn't until 23 weeks did DH actually feel one from the outside. Even now near 26 weeks, all the action happens off to the right side and only when I'm laying flat on my back do I see and feel the kicks.

I mainly feel the kicks either side of my belly button or down low. They're definitely a lot stronger now and I can feel when it's rolling as well. I do feel it more when I'm sat at my desk or when I'm lying on my side in bed. It's been since about week 23 that I felt it properly. Prior to that it was just little flutters. It was around 2 weeks ago that I saw my tummy move and only in the last few days has DH been able to feel it. He's too impatients to wait around to see my tummy move. He describes it like a little twitch you get in a vein.

I think an anterior placenta might be a bonus from the sounds of things. Less pain is always a positive!

My kicks started off low down, and I still get lots of kicks in the cervix (hehe, feels so weird!) But lately my little boy has taken to kicking quite high, and once or twice I've felt it in my ribs!
As for kicks out to the front, I think that's what is missing for me with the Anterior Placenta: I rarely actually SEE the kicks from the outside, but it is starting to happen. But Even when I do see him kicking, it seems "blunted", like someone said as if there's a big squashy cushion in there! I haven't seen feet poking out the front or anything like that yet. OH has felt a few kicks, but it is harder with Anterior Placenta because I can feel it from the inside and feel sure that he should be able to feel it from the outside too, but it is much softer and less noticeable.

Your kicks will get stronger, though, although they may take a little longer than other people!
:hugs:
Shadow xx

Not sure where my placenta is but baby is kicking me low down. Every now and then it takes my breath away as I get a jab in the bladder! :wacko:

With Brooke my placenta was anterior and low and the first movements i felt were quite low down, never higher than my belly button until i was pretty far along

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->