Anterior placenta, lack of movement and 19 weeks...

I've got an AP and started feeling flutters as early as 12 weeks along the pubic line, then very occasionally until recently when i'm feeling movement higher up but still just at the sides and bottom of my tummy. Oh and straight in my bladder too. Ouch!! This morning i've had some proper jabs on the sides of my bump, which i could feel from the outside. Hurrah!!

Im pg with #4 and have an AP, i have only been feeling strong movement the past couple of weeks, and it has only been regular for about a week so i really wouldnt worry hun

So basically for the past few weeks I dont think I have felt much movement. At all, really. Sometimes when I am lying down I think I do, but can never be sure if I am just imagining it.

I am sort of getting worried. This is my second, I swore I used to feel movement, so seems odd that it stopped... Unless bubs moved and now likes to sit right near placenta.

Should I be concerned? When did you feel baby for sure, if you have an anterior placenta?

how do u know if u have one>?

Should I be concerned? When did you feel baby for sure, if you have an anterior placenta?

how do u know if u have one>?

you get told at your scans hun, i had a low lying anterior at 12 weeks, and high anterior at 20 weeks, tho some hospitals dont tell you about it unless they are worried but it will be in your scan notes so just look through them, if you cant find it or you dont get given scan notes then ask your midwife at next appoinment, they will be able to tell you from their notes xx

the only reason why im curous is i havent felt alot of movement and its sometimes very difficult to pick up HB on doppler x

the only reason why im curous is i havent felt alot of movement and its sometimes very difficult to pick up HB on doppler x

Is this your first baby? at 18 weeks with your first it might jut be that you are not recognising the softer kicks and bumps as movement, or baby might be all snuggled up at the back so then you wont feel a lot either, i wouldnt worry about it until 20-22 weeks plus, then just bring it up with your midwife.

Dopplers are notoriously difficult to use at home and you often need to use ridiculous amounts of gel to hear anything, i use boots baby oil gel and i always seem to get good contact with that, it just takes time to find it and often its easier for someone else too as each time you move baby will probably move around too.

If you do have an anterior placenta you can usually hear the swooshing of it working on the doppler very loud. either way it doesn't matter if you have an anterior placenta, nothing to worry about, its just annoying to not be able to feel every kick xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->